Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glock 48 is dumb: Change My Mind

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sone Depts, like my local PD, allow latitude for plain clothes assignments but require every one to carry the company gun or a POW duplicate of same when working in uniform, because .., uniformity.
    It’s such an antiquated anal-retentive ideology. Different strokes for different folks. There is definitely some difficulty policy issues with authorizing PoW, but nothing that can’t be overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Me saying SIG got one product right out of dozens (slim line guns) is not exactly a ringing endorsement on my part.

Failing to acknowledge Glock has also had their share of issues over the years is ironic from a guy that has a home tune method for prior Glock extraction issues. Gotta take off the brand blinders.

If you look historically at the Glock of the late 80s and early to mid 1990s, then look at what SIG is doing with the P320 the past 5-6 years, SIG is literally running the early Glock playbook.

The big difference between then and now is information is more readily available.

It’s like the Matrix, where the city of Zion is destroyed and rebuilt over and over.

We could start calling Gaston Glock the Architect....
    Are you seriously saying I didn’t publicly acknowledge that Glock has had issues and then you literally forgot that and mentioned that I did so very publicly? I don’t feel like we are communicating, but given your tone, I don’t really care, especially with your horseshit appellation of “brand blinders.” I don’t trust Sig, I said that, and I’ve been pretty fucking loud about Glock’s issues over the years. Furthermore, I carry AIWB and I like that SCD thing, so that and my greater trust of Glock over Sig makes me choose the G48, not to mention mine runs like a champ with S15 mags and factory ones.

Brand blinders, gimme a fucking break. I’d love to trust Sig, that Cross rifle looks great for hunting. However, the inevitable happened and they’re taking forever to make owners whole, just like the P320, and a couple of other product lines in recent memory.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    Did you have to use the “heavy” LEM? I have a P2000 that started life as a heavy LEM V2. I totally agree with your assessment in relation to heavy LEM. I did some spring swapping using a Lazy Wolf 11lb mainspring, light HK TRS, and Lazy Wolf enhanced FPBS. The trigger breaks clean as glass at 4.5lb consistently. While reset is it the shortest, it isn’t ‘long’ and if I’m paying attention I can almost work it like a single action gun. Even if I don’t work the reset well the trigger is still very shootable. While this is not a stock configuration it isn’t far off from the V1 LEM on the P30 series and whatever it is for P2000. I haven’t been able to get trigger time on a “light” LEM but I imagine it would be similarly shootable.
    For work, yes V2. But I've run V1's as well. The other thing about LEM is to run it at a high level, you need to shoot LEM exclusively. The weird thing is the thing that helped most with LEM issues was DA revolver shooting.

All this talk about the SCD. If reholstering is that much of a concern ditch striker guns and go with a hammer gun. Has anyone done any real testing with an SCD to see if exposure to the elements creates any reliability issues?
    Oh my god, I just face palmed pretty hard.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are you seriously saying I didn’t publicly acknowledge that Glock has had issues and then you literally forgot that and mentioned that I did so very publicly? I don’t feel like we are communicating, but given your tone, I don’t really care, especially with your horseshit appellation of “brand blinders.” I don’t trust Sig, I said that, and I’ve been pretty fucking loud about Glock’s issues over the years. Furthermore, I carry AIWB and I like that SCD thing, so that and my greater trust of Glock over Sig makes me choose the G48, not to mention mine runs like a champ with S15 mags and factory ones.

Brand blinders, gimme a fucking break. I’d love to trust Sig, that Cross rifle looks great for hunting. However, the inevitable happened and they’re taking forever to make owners whole, just like the P320, and a couple of other product lines in recent memory.
    I remember very well. That's why trusting any company, including Glock, makes no sense to me.

I don't trust SIG or Glock. Or Beretta, or FN, or HK, or CZ, or S&W.. They all have products they have gotten right and products they have gotten wrong.

I don't trust any gun because brand X makes it or because I want it to work.

I was pretty clear that The Glock slim line guns have a place if one is realistic about what they are and are not. Saying a SCD makes it worth staying within the window of ammo and mags that run reliably in a G48 is perfectly realistic.

The issue I have is the assertion that a G48 is equal to a G19 "because it's a Glock" meaning it will tolerate the same range of ammo and accessories without compromising function. That is just not true.

What is more reliable, a 17/19 with the OEM 10 round magazine, or a 43X/48 with the OEM 10 round magazine?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    It’s such an antiquated anal-retentive ideology. Different strokes for different folks. There is definitely some difficulty policy issues with authorizing PoW, but nothing that can’t be overcome.
    Previously POW's were plain clothes only, Uniform had to be the city issued gun. That only changed to allow POW Red Dot guns on patrol without costing the city. It's still got to be an M&P CORE with one of four approved optics.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    I mean testing as in- if I have to roll around in the dirt can it get up under the SCD and prevent the striker from operating. That kind of testing. Looking at the design it doesn’t look too possible or any more so than a standard back plate. That’s what I meant.
    The quibbles that you're bringing up with the Gadget, from pushing the slide into battery to pressure testing in the dirt, have been documented and discussed on PF ad nauseam. Just get your hands on one and try it out already.

There's people here that buy Glocks for their Gadgets, not the other way around.

This forum has the most amount Gadget users per capita of any place. I've yet to hear of one ever breaking or malfunctioning.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    The quibbles that you're bringing up with the Gadget, from pushing the slide into battery to pressure testing in the dirt, have been documented and discussed on PF ad nauseam. Just get your hands on one and try it out already.

There's people here that buy Glocks for their Gadgets, not the other way around.

This forum has the most amount Gadget users per capita of any place. I've yet to hear of one ever breaking or malfunctioning.
    The SCD is what brought me back to Glocks.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Little bit of personal “Gadget” history. I first installed a Gadget on a G19 in November of 2012. Received more in December 2012. My wife and I tested those on a number of 9/40 Glock pistols, and on the Glock 29 in 10mm. We used prototype Gadgets in Alaska and across the inter mountain west continuously until they were commercially available, at which point we continued using a mix of prototypes and production models. I have used Gadgets so long that I subconsciously place my “thumb on the Gadget” of every striker, regardless of brand.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List