Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glock 48 is dumb: Change My Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    All this talk about the SCD. If reholstering is that much of a concern ditch striker guns and go with a hammer gun. Has anyone done any real testing with an SCD to see if exposure to the elements creates any reliability issues?
    IIRC, with all the beta testers in various conditions the SCD has been tested to well over 100k iirc. I’m only a small amount of that both beta and production SCD’s.

All this talk about the SCD. If reholstering is that much of a concern ditch striker guns and go with a hammer gun. Has anyone done any real testing with an SCD to see if exposure to the elements creates any reliability issues?
    I did. I carry a 92 LTT... but, I do have glocks. They just all have SCD.

I’d love to try LEM and a de cocker p30 if I knew someone that had one. I don’t see any reason to move from the 92 though. I love the LTTs. It would be cool to have a single stack 10 round da/sa gun though that’s the size of a 48 or 365 xl...

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    IIRC, with all the beta testers in various conditions the SCD has been tested to well over 100k iirc. I’m only a small amount of that both beta and production SCD’s.
    I mean testing as in- if I have to roll around in the dirt can it get up under the SCD and prevent the striker from operating. That kind of testing. Looking at the design it doesn’t look too possible or any more so than a standard back plate. That’s what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    I did. I carry a 92 LTT... but, I do have glocks. They just all have SCD.

I’d love to try LEM and a de cocker p30 if I knew someone that had one. I don’t see any reason to move from the 92 though. I love the LTTs. It would be cool to have a single stack 10 round da/sa gun though that’s the size of a 48 or 365 xl...
    If HK could find a way to incorporate the LEM mechanism or variation of LEM into a DA/SA set up with a 6lbs DA and 3.5-4.5lb SA crisp trigger that would turn some heads. The LEM is great, but in today’s world of super short reset triggers designed for target shooting people will shoot one and go ‘meh’.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    People are too obsessed with capacity.
    Agreed.

All this talk about the SCD. If reholstering is that much of a concern ditch striker guns and go with a hammer gun.
    I did when I had that option. I'm required to carry a Glock on duty, and I like to standardize as much as possible. If I wasn't issued and required to carry a Glock, I'd still be carrying a P226.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I mean testing as in- if I have to roll around in the dirt can it get up under the SCD and prevent the striker from operating. That kind of testing. Looking at the design it doesn’t look too possible or any more so than a standard back plate. That’s what I meant.

If HK could find a way to incorporate the LEM mechanism or variation of LEM into a DA/SA set up with a 6lbs DA and 3.5-4.5lb SA crisp trigger that would turn some heads. The LEM is great, but in today’s world of super short reset triggers designed for target shooting people will shoot one and go ‘meh’.
    Several of the original prototypes went to @SouthNarc and were installed on G17 Sims guns used for a substantial amount of ECQC evolutions. I heard there were no problems.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Several of the original prototypes went to @SouthNarc and were installed on G17 Sims guns used for a substantial amount of ECQC evolutions. I heard there were no problems.
    Yeah man I ran two of them on two Sim
    Guns for over a year in every single evolution which is about 2400 full contact ground
    fights in the dirt and I never saw a problem.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Agreed.

I did when I had that option. I'm required to carry a Glock on duty, and I like to standardize as much as possible. If I wasn't issued and required to carry a Glock, I'd still be carrying a P226.

Did your agency have a personally owned weapons policy in the past?

Site Supporter
    Is that documentation on pistol training? I educated myself a bit more on how it works. I knew what it did but didn’t pay much attention to the mechanics of it. Ignorance. I see the merit to this device, but still I would probably chose an HK LEM gun instead. For myself, I want my gun to be able to fire while I’m cramming it into battery. Looks like you could do that using the right technique with the SCD. I just don’t know if that is realistic given the type of circumstance you’d find yourself apply said technique. I’d have to get hands on with one of these things to really form a concrete opinion.
    The testing was documented both here snd on PT. Both developers and many of the Beta Testers are /were regular posters here. The beauty of the SCD is that unlike a manual safety, it doesn’t do anything unless you a activate it by pressing on the SCD itself.

You’re not gonna find better pressure testing for entangled shooting g than SouthNarc’s classes.

LEM gives up the “shootability” of the Glock trigger. Having had an issued LEM duty gun for 8 years, the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Did your agency have a personally owned weapons policy in the past?
    Sone Depts, like my local PD, allow latitude for plain clothes assignments but require every one to carry the company gun or a POW duplicate of same when working in uniform, because .., uniformity.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    LEM gives up the “shootability” of the Glock trigger. Having had an issued LEM duty gun for 8 years, the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.
    Did you have to use the “heavy” LEM? I have a P2000 that started life as a heavy LEM V2. I totally agree with your assessment in relation to heavy LEM. I did some spring swapping using a Lazy Wolf 11lb mainspring, light HK TRS, and Lazy Wolf enhanced FPBS. The trigger breaks clean as glass at 4.5lb consistently. While reset is it the shortest, it isn’t ‘long’ and if I’m paying attention I can almost work it like a single action gun. Even if I don’t work the reset well the trigger is still very shootable. While this is not a stock configuration it isn’t far off from the V1 LEM on the P30 series and whatever it is for P2000. I haven’t been able to get trigger time on a “light” LEM but I imagine it would be similarly shootable.

User Tag List