Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glock 48 is dumb: Change My Mind

So, if I bought a 43X or 48, put a 7sub and RDS on it, it won’t run very well? If Glock has said these guns won’t run with affixed accessories, why the heck would they introduce versions that are capable of affixing accessories? Something doesn’t add up.

Conversely, a P365/XL will not suffer degraded reliability from affixed accessories?

ETA: I get terrible slide bite from Glocks. Does the “incorporated beaver tail” on these slim models do anything to alleviate that issue for anyone else that suffers Glock bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    So, if I bought a 43X or 48, put a 7sub and RDS on it, it won’t run very well? If Glock has said these guns won’t run with affixed accessories, why the heck would they introduce versions that are capable of affixing accessories? Something doesn’t add up.

Conversely, a P365/XL will not suffer degraded reliability from affixed accessories?

ETA: I get terrible slide bite from Glocks. Does the “incorporated beaver tail” on these slim models do anything to alleviate that issue for anyone else that suffers Glock bite?
    Glock isn’t going to come out to the general public and say their guns won’t be as reliable with a certain accessory. They told the FBI not to bother testing the 43 or 43X with a light mounted because they knew they wouldn’t pass the FBI’s test.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Glock isn’t going to come out to the general public and say their guns won’t be as reliable with a certain accessory. They told the FBI not to bother testing the 43 or 43X with a light mounted because they knew they wouldn’t pass the FBI’s test.
    That sounds very Sig Sauerish. I expected nothing less. Thanks for that info. Is there any documentation on this, or is this like super extra double secret squirrel stuff?

Let’s pop some popcorn in 2022 when we start to read all the angry posts about people who’s 43Xs and 48s won’t run with WML, RDS, IR designator, suppressor, and built in holster affixed. It’ll take that long for enough ninjas to get their hands on these guns and find ammo for them.

That sounds very Sig Sauerish. I expected nothing less. Thanks for that info. Is there any documentation on this, or is this like super extra double secret squirrel stuff?

Let’s pop some popcorn in 2022 when we start to read all the angry posts about people who’s 43Xs and 48s won’t run with WML, RDS, IR designator, suppressor, and built in holster affixed. It’ll take that long for enough ninjas to get their hands on these guns and find ammo for them.

I’ve been kicking this around for a while- I thought the 43X and 43X Rail/MOS was a decent addition to the Glock line up. Slim, small, decent handling guns that could really fill a niche. Then I saw the 48 and I continually ask myself “why”. The 43X has an overall smaller footprint than a 19, better grip characteristics than a 26, with the same factory capacity, this gun ‘makes sense’ to me. The 48 doesn’t. Longer than a 19, similar footprint, granted thinner, but most folks who would buy a 48 or carry a 48 probably carried or would carry a 19. My dept just outfitted our secret squirrel group with 48s. They wear them in Blackhawk Retention style holster- not exactly a concealed carry design. This made no sense to me. The guns footprint is almost identical to a 19, you’re carrying it OWB, no rail 5 less rounds of capacity- why? Someone change my mind. I know these guns are supposedly the “bee’s knee” but I don’t understand the allure.
    Mine runs great, conceals great, I’m having a hard time envisioning the “secret squirrel” aspect of a group that carries OWB with shitty Blackhawk holsters. In fact, I’d question every firearms choice that group makes if they think they’re secret squirrels. I sure as fuck wouldn’t trust them to carry AIWB or expect them to grasp how the SCD works nor why it exists.

I can shoot a 48 as well as a 19, plus I can deploy it from a Phlster Enigma or a nice AIWB in true concealment (not a dipshit Blackhawk OWB) and rip some pretty decent first shot to target times, all the while carrying in comfort.

Of course, I have the freedom to run Shield S15 mags. Let’s see here, more comfort, shoots great, same capacity as a G19.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    You base this statement on what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Mine runs great, conceals great, I’m having a hard time envisioning the “secret squirrel” aspect of a group that carries OWB with shitty Blackhawk holsters. In fact, I’d question every firearms choice that group makes if they think they’re secret squirrels. I sure as fuck wouldn’t trust them to carry AIWB or expect them to grasp how the SCD works nor why it exists.

I can shoot a 48 as well as a 19, plus I can deploy it from a Phlster Enigma or a nice AIWB in true concealment (not a dipshit Blackhawk OWB) and rip some pretty decent first shot to target times, all the while carrying in comfort.

Of course, I have the freedom to run Shield S15 mags. Let’s see here, more comfort, shoots great, same capacity as a G19.
    I carry a glock 48 everyday now.. I also outshoot most people that use full size guns with it. No downside and pure concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    You base this statement on what?
    Nothing I read on the internet. There are people on the forum that know me and can vouch that I’m not full of shit.
    Last edited by TC215; 03-27-2021 at 09:17 PM.

My hands are just too dang small to reach the pedals on G 19. G48, now that makes me feel like I am finally able to sit at the adults table. I have switched over to the M&Pline because the trigger reach is shorter, for a double stack.

The G48 IS dumb because:

1) They shoehorned a short, dumb recoil spring into the 4" slide assembly and

2) made the dumb trigger guard too small for use in cold climates.

I hate dumb, cramped trigger guards. I think it spoils the 48, P365xl and perhaps even the 4" Shield Plus. Why? Just Why? Damn their dumb eyes!

Otherwise it's pure gold.

User Tag List