Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glock 48 is dumb: Change My Mind

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Thanks Little and Sig226. Did anyone conceal with the pro talon grips for a while yet? I'm curious if they are to rough against the skin or not.
    I use and recommend the rubber version of those.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Thanks Little and Sig226. Did anyone conceal with the pro talon grips for a while yet? I'm curious if they are to rough against the skin or not.
    I had the "Pro" texture on my G43X. When it came time to try Talons on my G48, I opted with Rubber. I don't think you can go wrong with either. No, the "Pro" did not rub against my skin, but my holster at the time (JM CK IWB 3) had a full sweatguard. Some folks I've seen express a preference for the Pro, but to be honest I could not really tell them apart, in terms of how they influence my grip. Both texture types afford a small measure of "squish" when gripping really hard. You can tell them apart, but I found the difference is pretty subtle. YMMV, of course.

Thx, Little and RJ. Grabbed some of the rubber ones...

These are my observations, thoughts and theories concerning the G48. I like the G48, I like half the G48 MOS. First off, I use the Shield mags and if I only had the 10rd mags, I probably wouldn't own a G48. The G48 is slimmer and lighter than G19 and with the same magazine capacity, it suits most of my needs. The lack of a light rail means I only carry it during the day and I depend on the light in my pocket if I need one. After dark, I carry the G19 because I can mount a light. That is why I will probably get a G48MOS. Which leads me to my first theory. Glock did this when they introduced the G42, sold a bunch, and all the while people were moaning for a 9mm, but bought the .38) because that was the only choice. Until a year later when the G43 was released and an awful lot of the G42 buyers lined up and bought a new G43. So Glock sold a crapload of G43x and G48 guns. And now we'll go out get the MOS with rail version.

A 10rd G48 is not very competitive against a 15rd G19, but when both are limited to 10rds, the balance can shift, especially for those with smaller hands. If you stick with factory mags, the G48/43x is a good choice when your max is 10rds. Glock should thank Shield Arms as the reason they sell as many guns as they do in non-restrictive states. When the G48 was first announced, It was lauded by Canadians because the factory barrel just met the Canadian requirements, as did the 10rd magazine. But I see a lot of people who compare the G43x and the Sig P365 with a 12rd mag, and they walk away with the smaller Sig. Logic says that Glock should cut a deal with Shield Arms, or make their own steel mag. But as logical as they can be, I don't put high odds on them doing either. They seem remarkably bound to a polymer magazine, even if they will give it a steel liner.

Next theory. Glock has been evolving the design with the various generations and I do think the Gen5 is a good design, though I think the Gen6 or Gen7 will have a serialized FCG or locking block so the frame sizes will become interchangeable as non-serialized parts. Anyway, the most significant change in the Gen5 (in my opinion), is adopting the G19 locking block geometry for the G19, G17, G34 and G45 and... G47. I think Glock will move to two frame sizes, a G19 and a G45. Slides will be G19/G45, and G17(G47) and G34 slides with extended dust covers to match the G19 length slide.

Final theory. If Glock develops or buys a steel mag, I think they will make a G43 length frame that uses a double stack mag, i.e. a shorter frame that keeps the G43 competitive with the Sig P365, dropping the single stack G43. So then will have a G43x/G48 size frame, and a shorter G43 double stack frame that takes shorter 10rd mags, or a larger 15rd. Two top ends, G43 length and G48.

Here is some pics of the new XSC on a 48.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    Final theory. If Glock develops or buys a steel mag, I think they will make a G43 length frame that uses a double stack mag, i.e. a shorter frame that keeps the G43 competitive with the Sig P365, dropping the single stack G43.
    This would be ideal, I wish glock would do it. I have my eye on the vuurwapen hmc9 for this reason.

Triple post since I cant edit. Initial impressions of the XSC are that its similar to the TLR7 with a little less spill. Brightness wise I cant tell a difference, seem about the same (350 lumens vs 500 factory rated) and that is with both full batteries.

Shot the 48 for the first time today with a 507k installed. I loved the little thing! Still need to shoot it more, but so far so good. Conceals much better for me than a 19 or 26 in appendix position.

Site Supporter
    I wonder if there is enough interest for a company to tool up and make an aftermarket slide with a longer recoil spring that goes to the end of the slide and is cut for a dot mounting system.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

The gun community is collectively regressing in handgun design, both in performance and reliability.

Glock can build a jamming POS and they’ll sell every single one they make and people will happily carry them and viciously defend their choice.

User Tag List