Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glock 48 is dumb: Change My Mind

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    So, reliability and spring issues aside... does there seem to be a consensus on 43x vs 48 as far as shootability? Or is it like the 45 vs 17 debate? 45 tracks faster... 17 recoils less... etc.
    A common word I read from those who shoot the 43X is "snappy". Others indicate it "tracks faster" to return to the target. The two are probably not unrelated, much like the 17/45 (I've not shot a 45, and only briefly shot @HCM's 17).

I shot 609 rounds through my G43X. I agree with the snappiness comment. I tried it with and without a Glock store Tungsten Guide Rod, as an attempt to ameliorate the issue. The net added weight of 0.7 oz at the RSA did make it feel perceptibly softer. To be honest though I was never thrilled with adding aftermarket parts to my carry gun. It had no observable affect on reliability; I had 0 malfunctions. As mentioned up thread, I sold it to fund an affair with a P365XL.

I'm at 699 rounds through the G48 so far. Only one malfunction, with 115 Gold Dots, on the last round of the magazine, which failed to feed, twice. I've attributed that at least mostly to the ammo, as AE115, AE124, GD 124, GD 124+p and Federal HST 147 have had no such issues. The G48 feels softer to shoot than the G43X, at least to me.

I have M hands.
    Last edited by RJ; 04-09-2021 at 08:48 AM.

RJ,

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    The word I read about some who shoot the 43X is "snappy". Others indicate it "tracks faster" and "returns quicker". The two are probably not unrelated.

I shot 609 rounds through my G43X. I agree with the snappiness comment. I tried it with and without a Glock store Tungsten Guide Rod, as an attempt to ameliorate the issue. The net added weight of 0.7 oz at the RSA did make it feel perceptibly softer. To be honest though I was never thrilled with adding aftermarket parts to my carry gun. It had no observable affect on reliability; I had 0 malfunctions. As mentioned up thread, I sold it to fund an affair with a P365XL.

I'm at 699 rounds through the G48 so far. Only one malfunction, with 115 Gold Dots, on the last round of the magazine, which failed to feed, twice. I've attributed that at least mostly to the ammo, as AE115, AE124, GD 124, GD 124+p and Federal HST 147 have had no such issues. The G48 feels softer to shoot than the G43X, at least to me.

I have M hands.

RJ,

Thanks.
    No worries, I think they are all good options, just depends on what works best for you. All kidding aside, the P365XL I had ran well also, and was soft shooting. Plus, 12+1 and all that. I took it to one USPSA match and had a mag barf the follower out on a stage. Plus, no SCD. We had a P365 that we sold recently that I shot occasionally. It was a really good shooter. I had no problems putting multiple rounds into the 10/X rings at 7 yards unsupported. It was super tiny though, even for me. But again, the P365XL/P365 work well for a lot of folks, and that is cool.

Well, I’m probably going to regret this, but I’m going to give my 48 a shot, as my local shop has a 48 MOS. I’ll give the 507 K and the C&H plate a shot, and have an SCD incoming. What sights would people recommend for this setup?

Re: Sights

For irons I’m using the below. For a 507, I’ll defer to others as I don’t have my slide back from milling yet.

Ameriglo GL-392R 0.240” rear
    Ameriglo 0.180” front

Name:  5FADB94E-0200-4A2F-8810-19C996F498B2.jpeg
Views: 814
Size:  56.6 KB

Picked up the 48... I guess it had the Ameriglo sights already on it. Ugh... Rear looks dumb hanging off the rear, and I'm not sure how that big orange dot will mess with my head once I have the RDS mounted. Oh well... In these times I guess you take what you can find. I'm not sure this is the effect that Hot Cereal was wanting to have with a post titled "The Glock 48 is dumb: Change My Mind". I guess I'll raise you a meme... "Hold my beer..."

Well, I’m probably going to regret this, but I’m going to give my 48 a shot, as my local shop has a 48 MOS. I’ll give the 507 K and the C&H plate a shot, and have an SCD incoming. What sights would people recommend for this setup?

I used these, they work fine.

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/searc...4468&pid=70515
    #RESIST

I used the 10-8 sights and they worked well.

Thanks Little and Sig226. Did anyone conceal with the pro talon grips for a while yet? I'm curious if they are to rough against the skin or not.

I’m running the Heinie Ledge FO and carry it daily.

User Tag List