Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glock 48 is dumb: Change My Mind

The length doesn't matter. It's thinner, and thinner enough for a lot of people. For those it doesn't make sense for, just carry a G17. For those it does, it really makes a difference.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I have a G19, recently bought a S&W 9MM EZ. I plan to carry the EZ, wouldn't even consider the fat, heavy G19 PLUS the EZ has a much better trigger. Thinner is better for concealed whether you carry IWB or in a belt holster. For me a Lightweight Commander carries better than the G19.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    Some good replies. I think perhaps my aversion to the 48 is aesthetic. I think the long slide Glocks that extend past the dust cover are the most ugly Glocks ever produced. I view the 48 as a 3/4 size 34 not a slim 19. Maybe that’s why I think it’s dumb.
    Most professionals use looks as their main criteria for selecting a firearm. Or how many the clip holds. Another great way to choose a gun is by the number of slide serrations.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Exactly why I wouldn’t trust a G48 for carry and the 43X feels like a small gun when you shoot it, so neither have a purpose for me.

Shoot them for a while then shoot a G19 or even a G26 and it literally feels like twice the gun.

The little, curled beaver tail thing is perfectly positioned to dig into the meat of my hand, too. Pass.

These slim line guns like the G48, P365XL etc seem cool when shot without time pressure on something like dot torture. The mechanical accuracy is there.

However, IME in drills with time pressure such as the Test, if you want to match the accuracy of full size guns times will be about 20% slower.

I get the appeal of carrying these guns but there is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    These slim line guns like the G48, P365XL etc seem cool when shot without time pressure on something like dot torture. The mechanical accuracy is there.

However, IME in drills with time pressure such as the Test, if you want to match the accuracy of full size guns times will be about 20% slower.

I get the appeal of carrying these guns but there is no free lunch.
    That hasn’t been my experience at all. My scores with an iron sighted G48 and a G34 with a HS507c are very close.

Glock 48
    TT: 98-4X (1/31/21) PASS
    25: 78-1x (1/18/21)
    FYL L1@5: 10/10 (1/21/21) PASS

Glock 34
    TT: 97-5X (3/1/21) PASS
    25: 83-1X (2/22/21)
    FYL L1@5: 10/10 (1/21/21) PASS

Name:  56A25FEE-95EC-4ED0-8DCE-E775CCAE939F.jpeg
Views: 1131
Size:  92.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Most professionals use looks as their main criteria for selecting a firearm. Or how many the clip holds. Another great way to choose a gun is by the number of slide serrations.
    Picking a gun is kind of like picking a significant other. If they're not attractive to you, you'll probably never see them. Are you and Marie still together?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    G43x is dumb because if you’re going to actually carry it in a concealed holster, you need a holster that’s longer than the muzzle because the slide is on short and could easily flip around over your belt. So you need a G48 sized holster to carry a g43x properly.

Since it’s taking up the same profile, might as well put a g48 in the g48 size holster.

Change my mind.

This guy gets it.

A little bit of slide length can make the difference between enlightenment and being a heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    This guy gets it.

A little bit of slide length can make the difference between enlightenment and being a heathen.
    Nah - Old news, everyone on this forum already knows that. The next level thinker realizes that between the two, the G43X is likely more reliable long term and in less ideal conditions due to the tiny G43 RSA.

Hammertime
    The Glock 48 feels amazing to hold, shoots meh, and requires a totally new magazine set up from the double stacks.

It is one of the only Glocks I have sold and never missed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Nah - Old news, everyone on this forum already knows that. The next level thinker realizes that between the two, the G43X is likely more reliable long term and in less ideal conditions due to the tiny G43 RSA.

Could you elaborate on this?

The first I’ve heard of reliability concerns with the g48 is on this thread, my previous impression was that they were running like any other Glock.

Have they been shown to fail more often in high round count classes than either the 43x or glocks with longer RSAs?

User Tag List