Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ken Hackathorn's Custom Birthday 1911

Ken Hackathorn's Custom Birthday 1911

This custom Colt 1911 was personally built by the LAV, while he was still Active-Duty, for his good friend Ken Hackathorn's 50th Birthday.

Amazing these guns feed at all watching how the rounds bounce around as the slide cycles.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Amazing these guns feed at all watching how the rounds bounce around as the slide cycles.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Amazing to me is that I'm now older than Ken was when he got this gun. How did my fifties creep up on me so fast?

In the days of magazines (before the internet) I recall reading they called the .45ACP
    Big
    Slow
    Clumsy

we can add Bouncy to the list. HA!
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Looks to me like exactly how a 1911 should feed ball: control of the round from the magazine feedlips all the way into the chamber. Those video slo-mos show exactly how it should be working—no inertia at all. That gun right there should run dirty and upside down.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    In the days of magazines (before the internet) I recall reading they called the .45ACP
    Big
    Slow
    Clumsy

we can add Bouncy to the list. HA!
    I'll take two!

Great video and glad LV shared this 1911 story with us.

Site Supporter
    I love the gun in the vid.

Videos like that make me want to throw some nice wooden grips back on a few of my slabsides.

Then I remember I'm kinda fond of G10s ability to shrug off stuff that would booger up a nice set of wood grips.

@Amp - Wish Larry well for us/me .
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I have to admit that I find it very therapeutic watching those fat rounds move through the gun in slo-mo! I need to loop that to some Tibetan singing bowls to help me calm down at the end of the day.

That and a double of JWB.

User Tag List