Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt Anaconda 2021 Re-Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    You might want to try the weak hand reload method. Use the thumb of the weak hand flagged upward to manipulate the cylinder release latch while the weak hand index finger supports the cylinder and the strong hand index finger pushes the cylinder out of the window. Not sure if that makes any sense but works for me with either Colt or S&W. Granted that I never really had issue manipulating the cylinder latch of a Colt when using the more typical strong hand reload either. On the other hand :-) weak hand reload works much better for me with Rugers where traditional strong hand reload typically required me to break grip to manipulate the cylinder latch.
    Thank you. You’re a bit of an enabler. But I think I understand what you are saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Thank you. You’re a bit of an enabler. But I think I understand what you are saying here.
    Not quite exactly the way I do it but close enough for the idea:

Ironically, I was searching youtube for videos when you replied. This is very helpful.

Site Supporter
    4" .44 Special

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    4" .44 Special
    A 4" non-lock six-shot revolver would be a "Shaddup and Take My Money" gun.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

What lock work did the original Anaconda use? Was it a Python derivative as well?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    What lock work did the original Anaconda use? Was it a Python derivative as well?
    No. I'm 99% sure it's a derivative of the mk3 or mk5 revolver action, same as the old King Cobra.

I don't have vol 2 of the kuhnhausen manual to confirm.

It's a useful option for folks who want to shoot .44 RM +P+ (or .45 Colt +P+) from a double action, but don't want a Ruger or Taurus.
    A small group I'm guessing, but I'm in it.
    And I don't mind Colts cylinder release.

It would have to be super-accurate and super-smooth for me to get past the vent rib.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    It's a useful option for folks who want to shoot .44 RM +P+ (or .45 Colt +P+) from a double action, but don't want a Ruger or Taurus.
    A small group I'm guessing, but I'm in it.
    And I don't mind Colts cylinder release.
    What’s a .44 RM +P+ ?

User Tag List