Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt Anaconda 2021 Re-Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I was wrong about Colt bringing back the Python and I'm wrong about Colt bringing back the Anaconda.
    I saw a new Python in a gunshop a month or so after it was announced, so I know they're around.

I'd like to see the Anaconda in 45 ACP with fixed sights and a 5.5" barrel without the ventilated rib. Call it the New New Service.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I saw a new Python in a gunshop a month or so after it was announced, so I know they're around.

I'd like to see the Anaconda in 45 ACP with fixed sights and a 5.5" barrel without the ventilated rib. Call it the New New Service.

Okie John
    Yes please

I'd probably buy it before the python just because I don't have a DA .44 and I don't need another .357.

Probably slightly less expensive than a pre lock 629. 4 or 5 inch would be nice though.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    $1,500 MSRP isn't too hateful, if you could find a gun at that price. Maybe by 2025...

A 5" barrel would be pisser. So would a .45 version; make some of them as convertibles for $2,100 and they'll sell out for years.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    4 inch barrel in 45 Colt and I'll be interested.
    Five-inch barrel in either .44 Magnum or .45 Colt will get my attention. For some reason, five-inch barrels on large DA revolvers hit my sweet spot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    4 inch barrel in 45 Colt and I'll be interested.
    Me too, though I have no idea where I'd get that money. A half lug would push me harder, or maybe a New Service-esque barrel profile but with an ejector rod shroud. I ain't holding my breath.

Colt revolvers, especially the Python, are quite appealing to me. Until I pick one up and go to open the cylinder. Pulling back on the latch, with my strong hand, is impossible for me. Is that how one is supposed to open it? My only significant revolver experience is with Smith and Wesson M10s which, at least for opening the cylinder, seem intuitive. My thumb is also too short to reach the latch on a GP100.

Our academy had bright stainless Pythons, kept stacked in milk crates, for force on force exercises. Several of the cadre carried them for duty as did the director, at the time. I was very happy to be issued a 92FS, but I remember lusting for a Python. I often think I’d still like one. The Anaconda, not so much.

But good for CZolt bringing this back. Perhaps increased production capacity with no corresponding reduction in quality, will be something that the new Czech masters will provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Colt revolvers, especially the Python, are quite appealing to me. Until I pick one up and go to open the cylinder. Pulling back on the latch, with my strong hand, is impossible for me. Is that how one is supposed to open it? My only significant revolver experience is with Smith and Wesson M10s which, at least for opening the cylinder, seem intuitive. My thumb is also too short to reach the latch on a GP100.

Our academy had bright stainless Pythons, kept stacked in milk crates, for force on force exercises. Several of the cadre carried them for duty as did the director, at the time. I was very happy to be issued a 92FS, but I remember lusting for a Python. I often think I’d still like one. The Anaconda, not so much.

But good for CZolt bringing this back. Perhaps increased production capacity with no corresponding reduction in quality, will be something that the new Czech masters will provide.
    You might want to try the weak hand reload method. Use the thumb of the weak hand flagged upward to manipulate the cylinder release latch while the weak hand index finger supports the cylinder and the strong hand index finger pushes the cylinder out of the window. Not sure if that makes any sense but works for me with either Colt or S&W. Granted that I never really had issue manipulating the cylinder latch of a Colt when using the more typical strong hand reload either. On the other hand :-) weak hand reload works much better for me with Rugers where traditional strong hand reload typically required me to break grip to manipulate the cylinder latch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    ... I don't need another .357.
    Que?

Everybody needs another 357.

Banned
    I’m a buyer

User Tag List