Thread: Green Ops - Advanced Covert Carry Concepts - 02/13/21-02/24/21 @ Bryan, TX

Green Ops - Advanced Covert Carry Concepts - 02/13/21-02/24/21 @ Bryan, TX

AAR:

Background: I've met both Mike and Pascale Green a few times. When I trained with Jedi, Pascale was attending the course and Jedi spoke very highly of Mike. Having discovered that Mike was actually somewhat local in the San Antonio area, I decided to work to host him in the Bryan/College Station area. After happening into multiple meetings with Mike as students training with Spencer Keepers and Gabe White, I approached Mike about hosting him here and he graciously agreed!

Overview: On Saturday, the weather was dismal. Sub-freezing temperatures and freezing rain as part of Winter Storm Uri made travel sketchy and keeping one's hands warm very difficult. We started the day inside in our makeshift classroom discussing the differences between low-profile activities, typical concealment methodology, and covert carry. Mike's extensive training resume and operational experience, especially in non-permissive environments, give him a wealth of first-hand knowledge to speak from. After discussing philosophy, equipment, and other related topics, we proceeded to the range. I ran my usual concealment gear - G19/508T/TLR-7A out of a KSG Armory Doulos Light-Bearing Holster, 7 mags in rotation. Over the course of the rest of Saturday and Sunday, Mike and his AI, Rowdy, pushed us to work our static precision shooting, rapid presentation of the gun from the holster, applications of shooting and movement, use of the handheld light, and much more. By the end of the course, every student had seen improvement in multiple metrics including in time-pressured drills shot on the timer. Anticipated round consumption was 1000 rounds, but my total consumption ended up being roughly 600. Mike noted to us that he was accounting for the current ammunition situation in reducing many drills to fewer shots per execution to lower the overall count.

Impressions: Mike is a consummate professional who leverages his considerable operational experience and marksmanship skill, as well as his excellent communication skills, to impart knowledge effectively and rapidly to his students. His AI, Rowdy, was also quick to add input and participate in demonstrations. Mike demonstrated all skills to the standards he was challenging us to meet, which I consider utterly required of any instructor - to demonstrate skills on demand. As far as audience, this is not a beginner's course. I would not consider this appropriate for someone who perhaps only has minimum training necessary to obtain a carry license or who cannot reasonably obtain a 50% success on Dot Torture at 5 yards. That said, the content specifically in Advanced Covert Carry Concepts is excellent and accessible for any reasonably trained daily concealed-carrier.

I cannot recommend training with Mike and his staff at Green Ops enough. I look forward to training with them more in the future.

- The Tacticallopath
    - The Tacticallopath

Site Supporter
    That's an awesome review! Thank you for putting up with the miserable weather.

User Tag List