Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 minutes of reloading

15 minutes of reloading

I've had a bit of a busy schedule lately and haven't been able to get much reloading done, so I am going to try something to get me motivated- 15 minutes of reloading per day.

Today I started on a batch of 40 223 PMC cases that are going to be loaded with 62 grain Hornady BTHP bullets.

Since these have been fired at least twice, I started off with annealing-

Name:  20210321_161236_resize_63.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  24.6 KB

Next up was an hour of tumbling, a couple shots of my homemade spray lube, and then sized them all.

Next up is primer and powder.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

A week has passed and although I missed a couple days, I did finish the 40 rounds and took them to the range.

Today I scrounged together another 10 pieces of PMC brass, annealed it, then sized and trimmed. This took me about 30 minutes this evening.

Your plan is a good one. I've only got about 30 minutes of patience for reloading, maybe less for case trimming, etc. So rather than slog along trimming, deburring, priming, etc in one evening, I do it in stages.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    A week has passed and although I missed a couple days, I did finish the 40 rounds and took them to the range.

Today I scrounged together another 10 pieces of PMC brass, annealed it, then sized and trimmed. This took me about 30 minutes this evening.
    Please define scrounge.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Please define scrounge.
    It means I dug through a big bucket of brass to find enough to make a batch of 50

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    It means I dug through a big bucket of brass to find enough to make a batch of 50
    If you're having a hard time finding brass, I was considering putting some out in the Karma section.

It would be mix of head stamps 223/5.56 with crimped pockets.

Let me know via PM
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    If you're having a hard time finding brass, I was considering putting some out in the Karma section.

It would be mix of head stamps 223/5.56 with crimped pockets.

Let me know via PM
    That is a great offer but I have no issues with finding brass. I'm just sorting through a bunch and starting to sort by headstamp.

I had to travel for a few days so tonight I made up for it. Spent an hour doing some load bench organization, tuned up the new Timney Calvin Elite, and started putting powder in the cases.

What kind of press are you using? I'd go crazy if it took me that long to load 50 rounds although that's what I did when I first started reloading. I'd at least invest in a turret press.

Over the years I've gone up to Dillon presses and now load on a 650 with case and bullet feeder. I load 800 rounds an hour. I'm a competitive shooting and require that kind of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    What kind of press are you using? I'd go crazy if it took me that long to load 50 rounds although that's what I did when I first started reloading. I'd at least invest in a turret press.

Over the years I've gone up to Dillon presses and now load on a 650 with case and bullet feeder. I load 800 rounds an hour. I'm a competitive shooting and require that kind of speed.
    I've got the 650, and can load buckets of ammo on it, but this was match grade rifle ammo.

This batch I sized on my Co-Ax and primed, powder, and seated on my 550. Every powder charge was weighed.

Wind wasn't totally cooperating but I got some good 5-shot groups in
    Name:  Screenshot_20210403-183911_Range Buddy.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  46.7 KB

User Tag List