Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Life Aimpoint battery life

It was a Comp M5S and it was the battery provided in the Box. I ordered some energizer lithium batteries.

I do a battery change on January 1 as an SOP.

Optics, weapon lights, flashlights, clocks, smoke detectors, CO2 detectors.

Battery Junction puts batteries on sale for Black Friday, and then about a month later, they get installed. Easy peasy.

My wife is a diabetic and wears an insulin pump. You can’t believe the inconsistencies in battery life nor would you believe how many dead or nearly dead batteries come out of a package. They used to require Duracell but have since switched to Energizer lithium’s and they last much longer.

I’ve had an Energizer in my PRO now since last August when I bought it and have left it on 8 instead of the recommended setting of 7. If I can get a year out of it, I’ll change the battery on my birthday, August 25th and keep it on 8. My H2 is bright enough on the recommended setting so I’ll leave it there. I’ve owned several Aimpoints and have not had any issues with battery life or anything else.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    For what it's worth, I'll also report being pleasantly surprised by the life of my ACRO. Currently it is using the original battery that came with the optic which arrived in the mail sometime in late Octobor 2020 and it's still going strong. Barring maybe a total of 24 hours during which it was turned off, it's lived at 6 or 7 at least, usually turned up to 8 when shooting outdoors in bright daylight. I understand my use of the brightness setting is pretty conservative and that I'd probably drain this faster if I was actively carrying the dot, but the thing has been on for 5 months now and still gets up to top brightness no problem.

I'm going to let it drain and see how it does. I'd buy more ACROs down the line, but shortly wont h ave much time for shooting and thus not ready to fully hop over to the pistol dot quite yet. It's the obvious next step for me however, just a matter of time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    My wife is a diabetic and wears an insulin pump. You can’t believe the inconsistencies in battery life nor would you believe how many dead or nearly dead batteries come out of a package. They used to require Duracell but have since switched to Energizer lithium’s and they last much longer.

I’ve had an Energizer in my PRO now since last August when I bought it and have left it on 8 instead of the recommended setting of 7. If I can get a year out of it, I’ll change the battery on my birthday, August 25th and keep it on 8. My H2 is bright enough on the recommended setting so I’ll leave it there. I’ve owned several Aimpoints and have not had any issues with battery life or anything else.
    If y'all don't already have one, a battery tester is a worthwhile investment.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DPLD6KB...02_04_t_img_lh

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Teste...a-871312056643

Used a Comp M4 for twelve years, never had a battery last more than three months. I reported it, got a shrug, so I formed the habit of replacing the battery every two months.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Used a Comp M4 for twelve years, never had a battery last more than three months. I reported it, got a shrug, so I formed the habit of replacing the battery every two months.
    What brand of batteries ? If your supply people were anything like mine they are buying the cheapest, no name brand with no consideration of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What brand of batteries ? If your supply people were anything like mine they are buying the cheapest, no name brand with no consideration of quality.
    You know, I retired two years ago and I've slept a time or two since them, but I believe they were Eveready.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    You know, I retired two years ago and I've slept a time or two since them, but I believe they were Eveready.
    That may be part of it. I gave up and started buying my own lithium AAs when we had EOTechs. Big difference. Riding in the car in heat/cold made a difference too. Duty gun would barely make it 3 months but the safe queen AR with EO Tech seemed to last twice as long between battery changes.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That may be part of it. I gave up and started buying my own lithium AAs when we had EOTechs. Big difference. Riding in the car in heat/cold made a difference too. Duty gun would barely make it 3 months but the safe queen AR with EO Tech seemed to last twice as long between battery changes.
    I remember when we first adopted them. It went dark after two months and we'd been told the battery life was around five years or some such thing. I went to supply and asked for a new battery, expecting some kind of high tech thing. When I was handed a standard AA battery I drew a clue from the clue bag. I did start carrying a pack of spares in the car after that.

User Tag List