Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Life Aimpoint battery life

Real Life Aimpoint battery life

Hey guys,

One of the reasons I have always preferred Aimpoint is because they have amazing advertised battery life. But I just grabbed my rifle with Aimpoint M5s and it was dead as disco. Disturbing since I bought the unit it July. It's been running since then for sure, but it has been on 6 or 7, and certainly not 8 except maybe during a few range sessions. I might chuck it up to a weird battery or maybe it was running before that for some reason, but I remember having a T-2 fail at about the same time a few years back. Is anyone really seeing these 3-5 year battery lives with these things?

Yup. Out of the H1s, a Pro, and I’ve got three years easy on Primary Arms clones. On the latter, one of them is happily doing duty on a a Beretta 1301. Not a bobble.
    #RESIST

Definitely not ditching my irons. I guess I'll order some Energizer lithium batteries and switch from 1 year battery swap to 6 months.

I have a T2 and a few others. The T2 was dead within a few months, but I replaced the battery with a new one and it's been fine for a few years already. I'm thinking maybe the factory supplied batteries either suck or they get turned on and tested for a while before being shipped to distributors.

You are probably right and this is definitely the battery that came with it

I have two PROs and frankly I’ve never ran one dead. I just changed both in the last couple of months and both were still running after at least 4 years and probably longer than that.

I bought Celewell batteries last time from Amazon. Don’t remember what I pulled out but probably Sanyo.

I’m of the unlearned opinion that the emitter doesn’t even pull juice to be considered a parasitic draw. They’re amazing.

Not turned up all the way either, I keep them just bright enough to be readily picked up in a “daylight inside the house” condition, so probably two to three clicks down from max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I should do. I leave mine way up towards the top.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I've had pretty decent battery life out of PROs as well. I'm not actually sure the last time I changed the batteries. I keep spares on the gun in the battery cap.

I just changed the battery in the Pro. It’s been on at least 4 years.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Hey guys,

One of the reasons I have always preferred Aimpoint is because they have amazing advertised battery life. But I just grabbed my rifle with Aimpoint M5s and it was dead as disco. Disturbing since I bought the unit it July. It's been running since then for sure, but it has been on 6 or 7, and certainly not 8 except maybe during a few range sessions. I might chuck it up to a weird battery or maybe it was running before that for some reason, but I remember having a T-2 fail at about the same time a few years back. Is anyone really seeing these 3-5 year battery lives with these things?
    Yes, on multiple examples including a Comp M, M2, M3, M4, H-1, T-1 and T-2.

We issue the H-1 at work and they last multiple years even living in the trunks/ lock boxes of vehicles in the TX heat. They usually stay on at setting 7 or 8.

What setting was the optic on and what battery were you using ?

Best choice for an M5 would be energizer lithium.

User Tag List