Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: Ambi Safety recommendations for a Southpaw

Site Supporter
    Coming from a long time LH shooter, I like the Battle Arms Development selectors and have had great luck with them.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Battle Arms Development here as well.

4x ARs 4x BAD safety’s. I like the std on the L & short on the R (both normal thickness) (RH shooter). Been using them for many years.

I’ve used the Battle Arms Development ASS and CASS and the Radian Talon. I prefer the BAD-CASS but not enough that I would pay to replace my other ambi safeties. If I was putting together another lower, I’d probably get the new BAD levers mentioned earlier.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I know you want ambi, but one option for lefties is the factory colt selector that is single side only but it’s reversible. That’s what I usually use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I've done that before - bought a bunch of Geissle carbon steel gas blocks from ALG on sale and hung them on the peg board over the cleaning bench. Forgot they were there and ordered a couple more. Kind of fun how extra parts become new rifles you don't need.
    I thought it was a rule that if you have extra AR parts, you have to build another rifle/pistol to use them.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I thought it was a rule that if you have extra AR parts, you have to build another rifle/pistol to use them.
    It’s true - I once had a selector and bolt stop morph into a new AR.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yeah - I guess that’s kind of what I did. Actually, I guess I just ordered a 300 BLK upper “to swap onto this 5.56 gun when I want to shoot 300 BLK”.
    Then it sort of grew it’s own lower receiver, BCG, RDS, etc.
    Maybe I shouldn’t look in the “AR Parts” box again for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    I know you want ambi, but one option for lefties is the factory colt selector that is single side only but it’s reversible. That’s what I usually use.
    I’ve had good luck with Colt reversible and with Radian.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    You are going to laugh. I bought a bunch of these to put on rifles I built for relatives. Turns out they worked fine for me as well. I'm a lefty and run the scalloped lever on the left side and the traditional lever on the right side. At less than $15.00 who can complain.

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/JBO...mbi-safety.htm

My recipe - for these and most any safety regardless of who makes it:

KNS Safety Detents - https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/safety-detent/ (Duffy, the owner of Forward Controls Design, recommended them to me several years ago).

Pack the cutouts on the barrel of the safety with Brian Enos Slide Gide.

Green sleeve retainer on the right side lever's allen screw. Blue on the left.

Safe-Fire until I get tired. If it still feels too stiff - one coil at a time off the spring.
    I'll back up that the JoeBob's safeties are pretty good kit. I've used several in my left handed endeavors.

User Tag List