View Poll Results: Mar ‘21 USPSA Rules - Do you agree?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Disagree

3 9.38%
  • Disagree

6 18.75%
  • Neither Agree nor Disagree

12 37.50%
  • Agree

6 18.75%
  • Strongly Agree

3 9.38%
  • Mods here are the ****

2 6.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions? (Poll Only Thread)

I voted mods here are the shit. Just to even the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I wonder if the results would have been significantly different if it had been separate polls on a per-rule basis, plus one for the process by which the changes occurred. That would definitely have resulted in different voting from me, at least.
    Yes.

I wonder if the results would have been significantly different if it had been separate polls on a per-rule basis, plus one for the process by which the changes occurred. That would definitely have resulted in different voting from me, at least.
    The results would be also significantly different if this was a competition forum, not tactical. Different folks

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    The results would be also significantly different if this was a competition forum, not tactical. Different folks
    I've never really viewed this forum as specifically tactical, competition, or other so much as a reasonable place where people from all of those worlds mix. That doesn't really change your point much, though.

I've never really viewed this forum as specifically tactical, competition, or other so much as a reasonable place where people from all of those worlds mix. That doesn't really change your point much, though.
    In my view, this is totally a tactical forum. For years, there's been nonstop debates here about how bad competition is for your tactical skills. Majority people here don't even know the difference between IPSC and USPSA. Most people here don't compete. I have been here since 2013. This is not to say anything negative. Pistol forum is one of the best gun forums out there. A lot of useful information. Competition, however, and high level marksmanship in general are not the strongest topics here. That's okay.

In my view, this is totally a tactical forum. For years, there's been nonstop debates here about how bad competition is for your tactical skills. Majority people here don't even know the difference between IPSC and USPSA. Most people here don't compete. I have been here since 2013. This is not to say anything negative. Pistol forum is one of the best gun forums out there. A lot of useful information. Competition, however, and high level marksmanship in general are not the strongest topics here. That's okay.
    I also don't think this forum is a valid representative pool of the average USPSA competitor across the nation either.
    There are a LOT of social USPSA shooters that never practice and don't care about their competitiveness.

It must be incredibly hard for the leadership to make decisions when the vocal minority of top competitors likely doesn't represent the majority of the paying and attending base.

And while the vocal minority might bitch the loudest, they'll keep coming no matter the rules changes.

It's the fair weather people whose attendance probably is the most variable with changing rulesets.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I also don't think this forum is a valid representative pool of the average USPSA competitor across the nation either.
    There are a LOT of social USPSA shooters that never practice and don't care about their competitiveness.

It must be incredibly hard for the leadership to make decisions when the vocal minority of top competitors likely doesn't represent the majority of the paying and attending base.

And while the vocal minority might bitch the loudest, they'll keep coming no matter the rules changes.

It's the fair weather people whose attendance probably is the most variable with changing rulesets.
    Yep, these are two different strategies. 1st is how to take the sport and skills to the next level. 2nd is how to have fun on weekends because "shooting is fun".... BTW competition shooting is not fun. It's a hard, exhausting work especially when resources and time are limited, when you have to overcome injuries, age, and family obligations.... And that's why we love it. If it was easy, I'd pick up something else.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Heh - 24 votes in and a perfect bell curve.

If this is representative of USPSA shooters, it looks like most don't have strong feelings either way about these rules changes.
    Up to 30 voters, and still a perfect Bell curve (less the two suck-ups, of course. )

BTW competition shooting is not fun. It's a hard, exhausting work
    Hard work and fun are not in any way mutually exclusive.

Yep, these are two different strategies. 1st is how to take the sport and skills to the next level. 2nd is how to have fun on weekends because "shooting is fun".... BTW competition shooting is not fun. It's a hard, exhausting work especially when resources and time are limited, when you have to overcome injuries, age, and family obligations.... And that's why we love it. If it was easy, I'd pick up something else.
    I've heard pro golfers on the PGA tour talk about the feeling of "grinding" day in and day out. That kind of seems like what you're talking about at the highest level.

At least at my level (M), I still see myself as enjoying a casual hobby. I find practice and shooting meditative and restorative even though it's not easy. And I get to do it with a squad of friends and like-minded people who are awesome human beings.

I'm still working on #1 and balancing it with #2. In our local region, there seem to be a lot of people in that boat at the high-A through M level that are working on their game but still balancing the fun factor.

User Tag List