View Poll Results: Mar ‘21 USPSA Rules - Do you agree?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Disagree

3 9.38%
  • Disagree

6 18.75%
  • Neither Agree nor Disagree

12 37.50%
  • Agree

6 18.75%
  • Strongly Agree

3 9.38%
  • Mods here are the ****

2 6.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions? (Poll Only Thread)

AIWB now legal in all divisions? (Poll Only Thread)

This is a poll-only thread for the current hot topic “AIWB now legal in all divisions?”.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-all-divisions

Very simple: Do you agree or disagree with the rules changes? Scale of 1 (strong disagree) to 5 (strong agree).

Intent is not really to dilute the discussion of the rules, but I’m very interested in where the membership ends up on this.

I guess "neither agree nor disagree" is the right option for me, since I like the changes to the gear placement rules but after having had some time to think about it, I dislike the flashlight stuff for a couple of reasons, and I tend to agree with those who think the process by which rule changes over the last few years have occurred is not good. (Also, 59 ounce "Production" guns are a patently absurd concept.)

Overall I'd give it a 2 (disagree).

Broken out:
    Mag pouch and holster placement: 3 (don't really care either way)
    Magnets: 5 (doesn't really affect me either way since magnets can be cheap and it brings the rules closer to IPSC which seems better than continually diverging)
    Flashlights: 1 (way too many unintended consequences on this one)
    SS weight change: 5 (change seems perfectly reasonable to me, but also single-stack is not really my thing)

I'm firmly in the "meh" category (I guess 3 then?).

I don't expect to have any say in gaming rules, I'll show up no matter what and whatever the rules change to I'll adapt.

Personally, I like the rules as it gives CO and Production a little more advantage in the HHF compared to recently... might mean I can hit the next classification a little earlier....

Agree with some, disagree with others. Mostly agree with relaxing the holster position rules, don’t agree with the continued transition of production to DA/Open.

I don't really mind but if none of the rule changes had been made I really wouldn't have missed them either.

Leave Production alone. It works.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Leave Production alone. It works.
    Production is the new Revo.

Heh - 24 votes in and a perfect bell curve.

If this is representative of USPSA shooters, it looks like most don't have strong feelings either way about these rules changes.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Heh - 24 votes in and a perfect bell curve.

If this is representative of USPSA shooters, it looks like most don't have strong feelings either way about these rules changes.
    I wonder if the results would have been significantly different if it had been separate polls on a per-rule basis, plus one for the process by which the changes occurred. That would definitely have resulted in different voting from me, at least.

User Tag List