Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best Dress belts for EDC

Site Supporter
    Kore says they manufacture in "Asia" without specifying the country in order to pass the savings on to the customer.

Approximately question 50 of approximately 55 on their FAQS section:

https://www.koreessentials.com/pages/faqs

"All of our products are designed, proto-typed and tested at our offices in San Diego, California, USA - and manufactured in Asia. As a matter of fact, 95% of all apparel sold in the USA is manufactured in Asia. Doing so enables us to save a substantial amount of money that we pass on to customers. As Americans, we would prefer to make our belts in the USA, but unfortunately it would cost an estimated 2-3 times as much and we couldn't locate a facility that was willing to do it. We understand there are those who would pay more if it were 'Made in the USA' - but most of our clients appreciate the lower prices and savings."

At 60ish for a nylon belt with a "potmetalesque" buckle, I would respectfully assert better belts that can take a heavier load are readily available at a substantial savings -Made in the USA. Mastermind/Graith and the Wilderness are two brands that come screaming to mind.

At 60ish for a "Top Grain" leather belt which is glued over a piece of polymer to support the weight of a gun/mags etc, I would also respectfully assert that there are likely dozens of Made in the USA belt belt beltmakers who are making "Full Grain" belts for 10-20 more that are can take a heavier load as well with a much longer guarantee.

If the budget is driving the train, the Made in the USA Biothane belt listed above at 39.99 would be a way to go.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I have had great luck with Magpul belts. I wear them daily at work and they hold up well. They are also made in the USA. That is important to me.

https://magpul.com/apparel-gear/acce...global_size=58

https://magpul.com/apparel-gear/acce...global_size=58

Anyone know of a dress belt that doesn't get chewed up by DSG/DCC spring metal clips? Maybe something like Maxpedition Liger? I have a different biothane (from First Spear I think?) but it looks like a cheap gun belt. Probably asking for too much.

Site Supporter
    Clips tear stuff up just like kydex is harder on most finishes most of the time v. leather. Simply the cost of doing business IMHO.

The Maxpedition Liger Belt ( a go to of mine for 15 + years) is nearly unobtanium new at this point. The 5.11 Apex Gunner's Belt is similar though not as stiff and is becoming hard to come by as well.
    Both do as well or better than leather v. clip scratches etc.

IMHO, Nylon by far holds up best cosmetically to clips. I realize that my harsh your dress up vibe. I would note if you are effectively concealing you gear, nobody but you is ever going to see the scratches on the 65-100 dollar 2 ply purpose designed dress leather gun belt but you.

Let us know what you end up doing and why as I am sure the info will be quite helpful as clips are definitely the new hotness.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Galco SB3 - best looking / normal belt I have seen. Actually looks like a dress belt and not some crazy thick leather belt. 1.5 inch. Holds up gun well. Fits all of my suit pants loops. Price is right.

User Tag List