Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K frame grips?

K frame grips?

As some of you've probably seen, I recently bought a barrel-less K frame from J&G and want to do an 03RN inspired build.

To finish this off I'll need some new grips. I'd like something small and fairly thin that won't add too much bulk to the overall finished project.

Choices include grips from Hogue, Eagle, Altamont and Badger. Currently leaning towards the Secret Service grips from Eagle or the Boot grips from Badger. Anyone using ether? How's the overall fit and finish?

Anyone else I should be looking at for concealment type revolver grips?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    As some of you've probably seen, I recently bought a barrel-less K frame from J&G and want to do an 03RN inspired build.

To finish this off I'll need some new grips. I'd like something small and fairly thin that won't add too much bulk to the overall finished project.

Choices include grips from Hogue, Eagle, Altamont and Badger. Currently leaning towards the Secret Service grips from Eagle or the Boot grips from Badger. Anyone using ether? How's the overall fit and finish?

Anyone else I should be looking at for concealment type revolver grips?

Thanks.

Grip fit is a very individual thing. For me, stock magnas with a BK grip adaptor work really well for K frame .38's:

https://bkgrips.com/

Leaves the small rounded profile for concealment if desired but helps a good bit with control. BK is quick to deliver unlike Tyler.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Grip fit is a very individual thing.
    Indeed. I'm enquiring about the fit and finish of the product not necessarily the fit in the hand.

I ordered a set of Badger Grips with speed loader cut and no finger grooves. They say the grips should ship in 7-10 days.

Those look nice

Just as an FYI, Altamont grips sells their seconds and one off's on Gunbroker for surprisingly low prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I ordered a set of Badger Grips with speed loader cut and no finger grooves. They say the grips should ship in 7-10 days.

I ordered the same for a GP100. Mine doesn't work with speedloaders though. Hope yours do better. I've reached out to Badger to see if we can figure out issue. Grips feel great though.

Quote Originally Posted by penates View Post
    Just as an FYI, Altamont grips sells their seconds and one off's on Gunbroker for surprisingly low prices.
    I saw that. There's a set of boot grips on there now.

They also have a couple sets of the panel-style for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I ordered the same for a GP100. Mine doesn't work with speedloaders though. Hope yours do better. I've reached out to Badger to see if we can figure out issue. Grips feel great though.
    The scallop not cut deep enough?

This reminds me that I need to get a couple speed loaders. Or at least a couple speed strips.

I like the rubber Hogue Mono Grips. They're the most comfortable to shoot. All the wood grips I've tried rap my thumb knuckle.

User Tag List