Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: K frame grips?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The scallop not cut deep enough?

This reminds me that I need to get a couple speed loaders. Or at least a couple speed strips.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I think that's the issue and that grip panel wasn't thin enough that area.

Site Supporter
    Something to remember about grip fit to frame on pre-CNC S&W products: there are variations in final actual shape of the grip frame, and wood or rubber or nylon are easier and cheaper to mod than steel, so sometimes you’ll get an aftermarket grip that doesn’t perfectly match your particular grip frame. That isn’t always because the grip maker didn’t do a good job, but it isn’t more likely because their example frames of that size don’t match yours.

I’ve found that some patience and a fine file or dowel wrapped in fine emery paper usually resolve the situation when the grip is proud, and returning and trying something else, or someone else’s product works when the steel is what is proud.

I have one K frame that has a slightly different witness pin location than all of the others. It can be very difficult to swap grips with that one. I picked a set of grips for it, and opened the witness pin hole a little bit so that I can remove them more easily when needed.

These look pretty good. I might take a shot at them as the bidding gets close to an end:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895108456

These might also work well with the aforementioned grip adapter. Only $21 presently. I also might throw a bid on:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895107785

And these might also work well with an adapter. I like the very old school look although my 10-7 isn't that old school:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895107805

Speaking of factory style panels these look like they'd work well if I had found an original 2" barrel and wanted to basically restore the revolver to "as issued" condition:

https://www.eaglegrips.com/panel-sty...nel-grips.html

I've never much cared for altamonts.

Those top grips look like they come from a m19 carry comp. The finger groves dont fit me very well. Their panels are to thin for me as well.

It should be tolerable with .38s, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    The finger groves dont fit me very well. Their panels are to thin for me as well.
    The Eagle Secret Service looks fairly thin. But it is hard to tell just from a photo(s). Hopefully the Badgers without the finger grooves will work well for me. Sort of a snub/round butt version of the old Jordan grips.

You can always hold out for ahrends
    Name:  20210309_140357.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  101.4 KB

You can always hold out for ahrends
    Name:  20210309_140357.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  101.4 KB
    Is he still making grips?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Is he still making grips?

No. Just check ebay every day. Theres a few that sit a $200 but every week theres a couple that sell for $100-140.

Ive come close to buy grips for guns I dont own yet

No. Just check ebay every day. Theres a few that sit a $200 but every week theres a couple that sell for $100-140.

Ive come close to buy grips for guns I dont own yet
    I gotta be careful with this project. It is pretty easy to get lost down the rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by penates View Post
    Just as an FYI, Altamont grips sells their seconds and one off's on Gunbroker for surprisingly low prices.
    Thanks for the tip. Seller is "AltamontFactoryOutlet".

User Tag List