Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Authorities find Glock pistol disguised as toy gun at NC man's home

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I believe there is at least one state in which it's illegal to paint the orange muzzle indicating a toy/replica gun on a real gun.
    I'll bet that would've stopped him.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I believe there is at least one state in which it's illegal to paint the orange muzzle indicating a toy/replica gun on a real gun.
    It's not the muzzle specifically, but NYC bans certain colors.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Administrative Code § 10-131

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    There's people that do this just for fun, to remind them of fun toys from childhood. Probably the most common is a Glock 17L or 34 that is cerakoted to look like the Nintendo gun from Duck Hunt. I have a buddy from college whose Cerakoting business is largely composed of comical jobs like these, although the latest run on work appears to be "tactical leverguns", which IMO is even more stupid.

That Nerf gun is too well done to be a case of a criminal trying to "disguise" it. Either it's stolen, or the dude is just into guns. That chassis and paint job is some serious coin.
    Jerry Miculek has a video of him shooting the Nintendo Zapper Glock while he's dressed like super Mario, it's epic.

Anyways, the real news story here is a news article referred to a gun as having a magazine instead of a clip.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    NC is showing up in the news way too much of late.
    Looks like they are trying to compete with Florida Man.

FOUR OAKS, N.C. — A young boy managed to get hold of a gun Thursday afternoon and shot his mother in the face as they both rode in a work truck on Interstate 95, Johnston County authorities said.

The shooting occurred at about 1:30 p.m. near Exit 87 on I-95 (Keen Road in Four Oaks), authorities said.

The woman was taken to a WakeMed in Raleigh for treatment of non-life-threatening wounds.

Authorities were investigating how the boy got his hands on the gun.

He was probably just pissed because she wouldn't stop when he was fresh out of Red Man.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I vividly remember a 1980s consumer affairs show (Fight Back with David Horowitz) where his producers painted a Browning Buckmark orange and white and then fored it to show how easy it was to make a real gun look like a toy...

Nothing new under the sun...

pat

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    There's people that do this just for fun, to remind them of fun toys from childhood. Probably the most common is a Glock 17L or 34 that is cerakoted to look like the Nintendo gun from Duck Hunt. I have a buddy from college whose Cerakoting business is largely composed of comical jobs like these, although the latest run on work appears to be "tactical leverguns", which IMO is even more stupid.

That Nerf gun is too well done to be a case of a criminal trying to "disguise" it. Either it's stolen, or the dude is just into guns. That chassis and paint job is some serious coin.
    Given the mix and match assortment of the quality of the guns on the table im going to go with stolen. Theres what looks to maybe be a decent looking bolt gun in a chassis on the top of the pile but the picture isn't good enough to really figure out what's going on there.

I'm starting to think North Carolina man is going to give Florida man a run for his money.

On the subject of painted guns, I saw a shotgun painted up like a nerf gun last year at a public range. I was able to ask the owner why he painted like that and I got the "it's cool". When I asked him if he had kids and do they have toy guns? He said yeah, looked at his toy looking gun and said "man, I never even had thought about it that way" and walked away.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    NC is showing up in the news way too much of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Looks like they are trying to compete with Florida Man.
    That is almost verbatim to what I was going to write, until I thought 'best check first."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    It's not the muzzle specifically, but NYC bans certain colors.

...NYC Administrative Code § 10-131...
    That's interesting. My amateur reading of that is that Muddy Girl camo finishes are verboten, as are any of the tan pistols, lots of Anschutz competition rifles, some of the anodized Ruger 22/45's, and on and on.

User Tag List