Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Fuse Enabling

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Somebody buy that gun!
    Damn, that was a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Definitely low-balled it. It went for $750, which probably means the out-the-door price was around $900.
    I'll keep looking...

S&W 28-2

S&W Model 28-2

Auction ends in a week (8/7/2022 7:00 PM EST)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/940938715

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    S&W Model 28-2

Is the BIN out of line?

Back when I was a kid and still considering a LE career, a Model 28 was my achievable grail gun. I never did get an N frame, and then started out with L frames just a year or so later. I’ve often considered a 27 or 28, not that I need one.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Is the BIN out of line?

Back when I was a kid and still considering a LE career, a Model 28 was my achievable grail gun. I never did get an N frame, and then started out with L frames just a year or so later. I’ve often considered a 27 or 28, not that I need one.
    The BIN is, in my opinion, a fair price.

The diamond target stocks (pre 1968 vintage) are easily worth the $150 difference between the starting bid and buy now price.
    The stocks have a bit of damage at the top of each panel from being removed improperly, but otherwise appear to be in very nice condition.
    Last edited by tango-papa; 07-31-2022 at 11:29 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Is the BIN out of line?
    IMO it's fair. Think about what $800 gets you from S&W's current production. The diamond grips are desirable too, though I'm not sure if they're original to that gun.

Site Supporter
    SN# dates it as a 1979 shipped gun, so the grips are definitely not original (but add some value). $800 is in line with recent M28 prices...I've bought/sold three over the last 6 months or so, although mine were all 6" versions...4" versions are tougher to find. I would pay $800 locally...but after tax, shipping and transfer fee I'd be into this one for @ $950. I've had this one on my watch lis but will probably pass unless I could get it for $850 OTD.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    IMO it's fair. Think about what $800 gets you from S&W's current production. The diamond grips are desirable too, though I'm not sure if they're original to that gun.
    Agreed 100% regarding current production.

The diamond target stocks are definitely not original to the gun as they (diamond stocks) were discontinued pre 1968.

In the spirit of "Enabling"...

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    SN# dates it as a 1979 shipped gun, so the grips are definitely not original (but add some value). $800 is in line with recent M28 prices...I've bought/sold three over the last 6 months or so, although mine were all 6" versions...4" versions are tougher to find. I would pay $800 locally...but after tax, shipping and transfer fee I'd be into this one for @ $950. I've had this one on my watch lis but will probably pass unless I could get it for $850 OTD.
    In the spirit of "Enabling"...

If you factor in the value of the "free" diamond target stocks at about $150, technically you'd only be into it at $800 after tax, shipping and transfer fees.
    And that means you'd be "saving" $50 OTD on a very nice condition 4 inch, hard to find Model 28-2 versus buying local, if you could even find one.

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    S&W Model 28-2

I was looking the photos. The photo taken of the firing pin hole and the firing pin seen as well. Seems like the tip is not smooth and rounded....could be my eyes, but don't think so. Others' thoughts?

User Tag List