Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Fuse Enabling

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    They can buy software to compute the tax and add it to the sales price. I suspect that if I bought something from GB I would pay the tax twice. Once when GB tacked it onto the gun and then again when my dealer transferred it to me because he has to collect the tax by state law.
    Calculation is easy. Collection is what will be hard. Unless they broker transactions themselves, or a third party payment gateway, I don’t see how they can do it.

For everything I’ve bought & sold on GB over the years, the financial transaction has been strictly between buyer & seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    An engraved Model 24, for those who like such things. It'd be a terrific BBQ gun.
    Should we make this the official .44 Special Enabling thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Calculation is easy. Collection is what will be hard. Unless they broker transactions themselves, or a third party payment gateway, I don’t see how they can do it.

For everything I’ve bought & sold on GB over the years, the financial transaction has been strictly between buyer & seller.
    Collection as in the buyer paying the sales tax or as in the state collecting the sales tax from the seller? Honestly, I don't care if the state collects it or not but I think the transaction will be made available to the state thru the software. It's just accounting like my income from certain institutions. They withhold and notify the IRS of the disbursement. If they don't send the money to the IRS that isn't my problem. I have a statement that said they withheld the tax. If they didn't the IRS still has the information of the disbursement and they can hit me up for the tax.

In the past the state has sent me letters telling me I owe them tax on out-of-state purchases but so far they haven't sent the taxman around to collect. Because we have no state income tax here there is no mechanism for them to collect any tax except at point of sale.

As an aside, my dealer has software that informs the state of a firearms sale. As a dealer I think he has to keep track of every sale and pay the state their tax every quarter.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-23-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I was thinking the same thing.

Mods?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

.44 Special Enabling

This one seems nice, a 1983 vintage 6" Model 24.

I bid on it and then thought" WTF, I have a Model 29 of the same barrel length and vintage. My original bid was overtopped, which is just as well. I'd be trying to source a 4" barrel and maybe round-butt the damn thing. Or find a 4" .45 LC and do it it what Darryl did to a .41.

Which seems like it would be a shame to do, as it appears to be a nice gun.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 03-23-2021 at 05:08 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Apologies to all for introducing the GB sales tax topic.

I am unilaterally withdrawing.

Hopefully the thread can be saved[emoji51]

Another .44

This is a 4" Model of 1950 that is over $800 with eight days to go.

It looks nice, but I'm damned certain it'll be way over my budget by the time it closes.

Banned
    Look ma, no Hillary hole.

Would this gun be considered a pre-21? The mod 24 has adjustable sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post
    Look ma, no Hillary hole.

Would this gun be considered a pre-21? The mod 24 has adjustable sights.
    I guess. As I understand things, the Model of 1950 was made in both .44 Special and .45 ACP. The target model was a 6.5" gun with all of the T's. The military (or military & police) model was a 4" gun.

They're supposed to be pretty scarce. For a collector, the current price may be close to a felony.

Site Supporter
    You guys are going to make me go on GB again. And we all know where that leads....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List