Page 10 of 130 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Fuse Enabling

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Nope, took me about 8 years of off and on searching to find one. Well, mine is a 638, but same same.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It's probably not an unreasonable price these days. But it's about 50% more than I paid for mine and that makes it too rich for my blood.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Nope, took me about 8 years of off and on searching to find one. Well, mine is a 638, but same same.

It's probably not an unreasonable price these days. But it's about 50% more than I paid for mine and that makes it too rich for my blood.
    Yeah, you could get into a no-lock, 3-inch, 337 with Ti/Sc and actual steel pins for that with a little patience. At least, that's what I've been watching.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Makes me wonder how much I could get for my 4" model...

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    $671 was the final bid.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Despite all the lamenting I hear about S&W no longer supporting or having parts for prelock guns I've never seen a 3" K-frame that didn't sell for more than it cost brand new. And thanks to Covid and the new administration they're selling for even more. It still baffles me why S&W won't make a 3", fixed sighted, K-frame. Steel or stainless I bet they would sell...even with the stupid lock. And no, the 2-3/4" 66 is not the same thing. And while I'm asking, anyone have a clue why they made those M-66s 2-3/4" instead of 3"?

Dave

Site Supporter
    S&W sells no lock J frames. I don’t know why they don’t sell no lock K frames. I tried to use gunbroker pay. I could not get it to work.

Site Supporter
    For anybody wanting an older d-Frame Colt there are several options here. Little pricey, but lots of character: https://www.ows-ammo.com/catalogsear...er=name&q=Colt

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Despite all the lamenting I hear about S&W no longer supporting or having parts for prelock guns I've never seen a 3" K-frame that didn't sell for more than it cost brand new. And thanks to Covid and the new administration they're selling for even more. It still baffles me why S&W won't make a 3", fixed sighted, K-frame. Steel or stainless I bet they would sell...even with the stupid lock. And no, the 2-3/4" 66 is not the same thing. And while I'm asking, anyone have a clue why they made those M-66s 2-3/4" instead of 3"?

Dave
    I get the difference between fixed and adjustable sights but it's an easy fix. With a much better sight picture.

Name:  20210601_151334_jpg-1965993.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  98.9 KB

65.5?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    For anybody wanting an older d-Frame Colt there are several options here. Little pricey, but lots of character: https://www.ows-ammo.com/catalogsear...er=name&q=Colt
    Those are crazy prices. Before 2020 I was buying old d frames in the same conditions for $250.00 dollars and that includes shipping.

I thought it was a sellers market not a scalpers market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List