Page 124 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1300

Thread: Short Fuse Enabling

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    That's nasty. I wonder what it looks like under the sideplate.
    My thought process didn’t even go there, but that’s an excellent observation. These things are so overpriced…..

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    This M19-6 is on GB, but the ejector star looks like it has space fungus growing: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1028326892

Attachment 113535

Is that fingerprint dust?
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

This M19-6 is on GB, but the ejector star looks like it has space fungus growing: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1028326892

Attachment 113535
    Looks like the Andromeda Strain…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My thought process didn’t even go there, but that’s an excellent observation. These things are so overpriced…..
    I’d go $300 to see if it could be cleaned up.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I’d go $300 to see if it could be cleaned up.

If its fingerprint dust it should brush off with a toothbrush, or at most a decent cleaning.

It also looks a lot like pocket lint. My Agent looks quite a lot like that after a couple (few) months of pocket carry. It brushes off easily also.

Edit: Looked at the pictures closer, if I didnt have one Id be bidding on it, it looks like it hasnt been shot much if at all, no blue wear on the extractor rod or breech face. Whatever the fuzz or fluff is doesnt look terminal or harmful. This may be a sleeper that everyone is afraid of for no good reason. I love stuff like this, some of my best deals have been guns others didnt want to bid on, and sometimes for no real reason other than something like this.
    Last edited by Malamute; 01-04-2024 at 09:20 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    If its fingerprint dust it should brush off with a toothbrush, or at most a decent cleaning.

It also looks a lot like pocket lint. My Agent looks quite a lot like that after a couple (few) months of pocket carry. It brushes off easily also.
    Pocket lint and dry skin cells was my first thought too. But if it's not corroded on then why in God's name didn't they brush it off for the photo?

I can't imagine it not looking bad to them as they took the photo...or especially after posting the photo. Confusing...

4" Model 31 with ten hours to go and at $405.

I thought about getting it as an "gotten to be an old fart" gun. But I can't think of anything it'll do that a .38 with wadcutters won't do.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Yes, but they're probably custom-made for sumdood and whether or not they'll fit someone else is what I'd wonder about. They'll probably sell for less than they cost, when you factor in inflation.
    And they are cut frame Farrant's. I have two guns with them them. So a bidder needs to remember that in order to use them, you'd want to have a decent gun mechanic cut down and then blue that part of the frame again to avoid rust.

You could do it at home, but if it were a revolver I was going to put Farrant's on, I would not butcher it.

So add between a hundred and two hundred to your real cost.

Having said all that. I'd go as high as $400 on them.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    And they are cut frame Farrant's. I have two guns with them them. So a bidder needs to remember that in order to use them, you'd want to have a decent gun mechanic cut down and then blue that part of the frame again to avoid rust.

You could do it at home, but if it were a revolver I was going to put Farrant's on, I would not butcher it.

So add between a hundred and two hundred to your real cost.

Having said all that. I'd go as high as $400 on them.
    Nobody's bid on them, yet.

User Tag List