Page 60 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Fuse Enabling

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Purty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'll watch that, but at $788 with nine days to go, it's going to go for a lot more than that.
    My guess is that one goes $1500+.
    There appears to be a bit of corrosion on the left side of the front sight, which might keep "collectors" from it.
    I think the sn# puts it within the first year of production - don't have access to my SCSW book at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    A Highway Patrolman.

Whouda thought, just a few years ago?
    FYI - confirmed that is an early first year (1954 / SN# S113382) of production Highway Patrolman.
    Several HP's with higher SN#'s documented/known shipped in 1954 per the S&W forum.

My estimation of the closing price on that one is based on having watched HP's regularly for years as they are one of my most favoritest S&W model.
    Lots of positives with that one (1st year production, condition, all original #'s matching, the seller is a known expert, etc.).

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947794598

For anyone with interest in the HP - excellent resource for all things S&W Highway Patrolman courtesy of the most best S&W resource out there.
    NOTE: this thread was started in 2007 and there's lots of follow-on information throughout the thread that "needs" to be updated in the original post (i.e. SN# ranges of guns shipped in the first year of production, etc.).

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-rev...er-ranges.html

S&W Model 520

Starting bid $900
    3 days to auction end

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/948532233

#entropy
    #Det1397
    #Half Moon
    #Rex G
    #SeriousStudent
    #Stephanie B
    #titsonritz
    Tried to tag several of you and about half didn't show as having worked / attempted to edit/fix and got some sort of "fuck you" firewall denial something...

When I was in high school, the Oklahoma City PD had their psychologist come talk to my psychology class about the MMPI. He was in uniform, which included a patent-leather holster for a 4" K-frame, but his revolver was a fixed-sight round-butt stainless gun. I didn't hear a word of the lecture because I was wracking my brain trying to remember which fixed-sight stainless K-frame had both a round butt and a 4" barrel.

When I asked him about it after class, he just lifted it out of the holster to reveal that it was a 2" M64 like that one.

Unscheduled learning occurred.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

1942 Colt Detective Special w/ Colt factory letter

1942 Colt Detective Special w/ Colt factory letter

Currently at $915
    6 days to closing

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/946067395

1966 Colt Detective Special, 3 inch, Herrett's stocks

Currently at $608
    6 days to close

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/946074572

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Lock, Stock and Barrel has auction items on par with that of Woodlawn Boys. In addition, their description is often much more detailed. I’ve never purchased anything from them, but they have been highly recommended.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Lock, Stock and Barrel has auction items on par with that of Woodlawn Boys. In addition, their description is often much more detailed. I’ve never purchased anything from them, but they have been highly recommended.
    No link? We're gonna hafta suspend your enabling card for a spell.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I’ve bought a gun from LSB. They were easy to deal with and shipped quickly. They do send me emails now about their upcoming gun shows and auctions, though.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    No link? We're gonna hafta suspend your enabling card for a spell.

Current auctions

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search...Sellers=423027

Ugh. Why did I click that link?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List