Page 71 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Fuse Enabling

@WobblyPossum I just spoke to Chelsea about the Model 15, and she’s going to have someone look at it. The description says it’s in Great Condition, so…

@WobblyPossum Chelsea called back, and said one of the guys wiped it right off with his finger. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I pulled out my old Model 15 to see. Oh crap. Mine looks just the same. I scraped the crud away and it looks OK to me.
    Attachment 98147Attachment 98147 Attachment 98148
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    @WobblyPossum I just spoke to Chelsea about the Model 15, and she’s going to have someone look at it. The description says it’s in Great Condition, so…

@WobblyPossum Chelsea called back, and said one of the guys wiped it right off with his finger. 👍
    Boy do I feel like a fool. Thank you both very much.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I'll tell you what. It looked cracked in person at first look. That must be the place the crud collects. Maybe I should clean mine a little more often.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    To me, it just looks like it wasn't cleaned the last time it was shot. If I had the spare cash, I'd bid on it. Good luck on this, @Stephanie B!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post

I done told y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Free cardiac test!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Bought a 10-7 yesterday. Tax took it from $360 purchase price to $388 OTD.
    Pics and targets or it's vaporware.
    Name:  45047B1A-FBFA-4448-8F3B-DD1DCE85C27F.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  84.9 KB

Well, there it is with the 64 and the 15. Skinny barrel 10-7, polished grips that aren’t numbered to the serial. Never seen polished non-checkered grips like this, but I like it for being a bit more unique. I like the level of finish still on it (very little wear and only a few minor freckles), and the cost was very good for the condition.

#5 of the current accumulation of K frames in the safe, 7th one I’ve ever owned.

Well, there it is with the 64 and the 15. Skinny barrel 10-7, polished grips that aren’t numbered to the serial. Never seen polished non-checkered grips like this, but I like it for being a bit more unique. I like the level of finish still on it (very little wear and only a few minor freckles), and the cost was very good for the condition.

#5 of the current accumulation of K frames in the safe, 7th one I’ve ever owned.
    Nice score on that Model 10-7.

The stocks are factory "presentation grips", which at one time were available for special order and/or included on certain factory special edition guns.

They have become a bit "pricey" due to their relative rarity these days.

https://rogersgunsandgrips.com/produ...-grips-ksqpm1/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Nice score on that Model 10-7.

The stocks are factory "presentation grips", which at one time were available for special order and/or included on certain factory special edition guns.

They have become a bit "pricey" due to their relative rarity these days.

https://rogersgunsandgrips.com/produ...-grips-ksqpm1/
    Wow. $250 just for the grips?!

Site Supporter
    I'm not sure if that's a realistic market price or an aspirational price. That said, there are a bunch of collectors out there with far more money than sense.

I'm not sure if that's a realistic market price or an aspirational price. That said, there are a bunch of collectors out there with far more money than sense.
    Jim Rogers prices are in line with current market prices and not unrealistic. And he is a good guy to do business with.

I've sourced a few nice sets of stocks from him over the years that I "need/wanted" to make a nice vintage S&W revolver "whole" again.

If you watch auction prices of high condition vintage S&W stocks (Gun Broker, Gun Auction, eBay, etc.), they do not go cheap.

User Tag List