Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Fuse Enabling

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    Those are crazy prices. Before 2020 I was buying old d frames in the same conditions for $250.00 dollars and that includes shipping.

I thought it was a sellers market not a scalpers market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yep. WAY more expensive then they would go for around here. I picked up a very clean low round count 3" .32 NP Cobra for $600 here last month and a refinished but tight 3" Police Positive for $350 a year or so back.

The .32 Cobra. Had a couple minor rust spots but those cleaned up just fine.
    Name:  IMG_9811.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  99.8 KB
    Last edited by revolvergeek; 06-07-2021 at 04:48 PM.

At the risk of having a sack full of rotten maters thrown at me, I would rather see a three inch 619 than a new model 65. The lighter barrelled L frames are within one ounce of a K frame magnum with the same barrel profile. The 686 Mountain Gun weighs even less than a new 19/66. These guns also do not have to have a clearanced forcing cone or a deleted gas ring. That doesn't bother most folks, but it is a clear advantage for the L frame. The L frame also allows the option of a seven shot cylinder as well. For folks that are interested, there are two great articles on Gunblast about the 619/620 and 686 Mountain Gun from 2005 and 2010. Overlooking the half lug L frames for the K frame Magnums, is a classic example of overlooking an orchid for a rose.

As for a new K frame offering, I would love to see S&W offer a new three inch round butt model 64 in the "classic series" lineup. A three inch .38 only model 60 with fixed sights would be nice to see as well. This would be perfect for folks that are looking for a no frills .38, and three inch barrels are hot right now.

It will be interesting to see how the D frame sized revolver renaissance will impact the classic small frame Colt market. If anything, I think it will help it, as more folks will discover the benefits of this revolver size and want to collect classic examples.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    A 2" 10-7, now at $560. Auction ends at 2228 EDT.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Bud's just dropped a shipment of surplus revolvers.

Ruger Service-Sixs, Model 10s, and Model 36s.

Pretty rough shape cosmetically.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Bud's just dropped a shipment of surplus revolvers.

Ruger Service-Sixs, Model 10s, and Model 36s.

Pretty rough shape cosmetically.
    Get one of the stainless ones and get it bead blasted and keep on truckin’…

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Get one of the stainless ones and get it bead blasted and keep on truckin’…
    That's really tempting. What would be the parts to keep an eye on?

Do they use k frame speedloader?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

I’m out of my depth on those Rugers. I do know that they have their own size of speedloaders, they’re slightly different from K frames.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I’m out of my depth on those Rugers. I do know that they have their own size of speedloaders, they’re slightly different from K frames.
    The model number for the Six Series Safariland speedloaders is J-R4C. The old Six Series is a still great option for folks that want a .357 Magnum revolver with K frame balance and heft, without the downsides of having a clearanced forcing cone or a deleted gas ring. The only mid size S&W .357 Magnums that offer similar size efficiency are the sadly overlooked 619/620 and the 686 Mountain Gun.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

They don't. But they are available.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Speedloaders, HKS MK3 fit great

User Tag List