Page 36 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Fuse Enabling

outstanding pick up

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Cartwright View Post
    kwb377:

It is my understanding that Smith and Wesson made very few Model 28s with a nickel finish. I have only seen a couple. While blued Model 28s were pretty common, yours is somewhat rare and probably has some value to S&W collectors. Nice polishing job on a grand old revolver.

Bruce
    I did some research on a few of the S&W-centric forums, and from what I can gather this one is most likely a refinish and not a factory nickeled gun. It doesn't have an "N" stamp on the frame or cylinder, and from what I read it doesn't fall within the date range of the factory plated guns. Whoever plated it did a nice job, though...

Both your new grips look great, but the darker ones on the nickle are stunning.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I did some research on a few of the S&W-centric forums, and from what I can gather this one is most likely a refinish and not a factory nickeled gun. It doesn't have an "N" stamp on the frame or cylinder, and from what I read it doesn't fall within the date range of the factory plated guns. Whoever plated it did a nice job, though...
    Agreed… S&W did a special run here and there for different agencies/customers, most notably the Florida Highway Patrol, but those FHP guns would be 5” and marked F.H.P.
    Also, your beauty has a nickeled rear sight, which would be blued on a true nickel gun.
    Nonetheless, an incredible grab and beautiful restoration!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Also, your beauty has a nickeled rear sight, which would be blued on a true nickel gun.
    And speaking of the rear sight...

I had just ordered a couple of rear sight blade kits (.160 and .196) to rectify the elevation issue, when I saw (then bid and won) a vintage Behlert rear sight on eBay yesterday...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I think that painting sight and shooting in good light will show that the sight regulation is ok. Two most desirable facts: point of impact is not off left or right and poi is not low.
    Much better with a painted front sight.

Some how i missed this one. GONE!

Attachment 85424

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    kwb377:

Thanks for the clarification. Your revolver should be an outstanding "shooter". Enjoy!

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Are we running short on S&W 10-6?

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/926926959

Anyone with a trained eye see a reason for the run up for this revolver?

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    Are we running short on S&W 10-6?

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/926926959

Anyone with a trained eye see a reason for the run up for this revolver?
    I guess because it's a pretty cool old gun with NYPD history. The right side grip has been banged against a few door ways. Plain to see it was carried a lot.

User Tag List