Page 33 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Fuse Enabling

Site Supporter
    LOL - All my DA revolvers are DAO, simply because I never shoot them any other way. I don't see the need of altering the sear engagement but bobbing the hammer spur is a good idea if you're going to carry it concealed. YMMV!

Dave

PS: After posting the above I realized I lied to you all. My carry gun (386 Night Guard) has an APEX DAO hammer. I tend to forget about it because I never tried to cock the bobbed hammer to remind me it is DAO.
    Last edited by Dave T; 02-14-2022 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    ...I find all the pop-ups, drop downs, hyperlinks, or whatever you call all that stuff, and the fancy interface web stuff in general, annoying.
    But, that's most sites these days.
    And, with that, I will never visit my favorite gun vendor's site, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    It isn't difficult at all to make the spur and SA sear disappear from the factory hammer. I did it on an old Security-Six.
    True and if a DAO hammer isn’t “easily” attainable, a spurred hammer will be happily sacrificed.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Not quite short fuse enabling but a sanity check. Local place has a dozen (or more?) Model 5737 for $515 OTD. I can't tell if they're NOS or what but they are in the box and look unused but they put them all in the used case.

Am I foolish to not grab 1 or 2 at that price?

I really like SP101s but I'm not much on fixed sights. The front sight looks like it can be replaced so that helps. I'm thinking replace the front sight with something I can see, drop in a DAO hammer and drive on with something that will probably outlast my grandkids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Yes. You are.
    Not only am I NOT a fool (usually), but they’re NOT 5737s either. They’re French Railway revolvers and the store has 2 less than when I walked in. Hopefully I can start a new thread tonight.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    https://www.guns.com/firearms/handgu...-used?p=422671

Seems like a good price, any one have first hand experience with this retailer?
    I went ahead and ordered a 65-5.

I did recently get a 10-10 that I was going to use for competitions but part of my love of competing with a revolver is using magnums. If I'm going to lose I like kinda like calling out the powder puff 9mm and their wimpy loads.

It's also fun slamming the steel down.

03RN

Well, as usual GB bidding was more then i was willing to part with (3" 10-10), very interested to see you're impression of the 65-5 when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    03RN

Well, as usual GB bidding was more then i was willing to part with (3" 10-10), very interested to see you're impression of the 65-5 when it arrives.
    I'm sure it'll be a boring 4" k frame but I will of course post pics.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I'm sure it'll be a boring 4" k frame but I will of course post pics.
    More interested in seeing you feed it whatever flavor of Rhino Roller handload you have been making lately.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    More interested in seeing you feed it whatever flavor of Rhino Roller handload you have been making lately.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Nothing crazy right now. My powder and primer situation is intermittent. I did just work up some stuff with shooters world heavy.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    NIB S&W Model 19 carry-comp. Three hours.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List