Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber Lightweight +P 38Spl?

Site Supporter

Kimber Lightweight +P 38Spl?

I thought there used to be a thread about this new revolver but I couldn't find it with my limited computer skills. Might be because I can't remember the model name. Something like K-XS or K-SX. In any event, has anyone bought one and if so how does it shoot? How do you like it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Well, from reading 9 pages here and a like number over on the S&W Forum is seems some people like the new Kimber and some people don't. Imagine that!

Dave

Dave: I own the K6s all steel 2" and bought the K6xs for carry, to replace the steel model. I purchased it in the fall of their introduction, and I still have it. It's a great carry piece, and it puts the bullets when and where they are supposed to go. Mine Serial#XS0018XX was manufactured in the second month of production. To be honest the K6s will spoil you for action smoothness and better sights but for several hundred dollars less, the K6xs LW is quite servicable.

Accuracy is on par with Colt's old Cobra and size also. Hogue grip takes the sting out of +Ps and mine likes the 120gr Federal Punch +P load. The sights tend to shoot a smidge high for me but nothing I can't adjust for and live with. Windage is dead on.

I do enjoy DAO. Shot DAO revolver as a cop for at least a decade or longer. With the no snag hammer, I forget I have it on. Just a bit big for pocket carry, but that's not including tactical pockets everywhere pants.

I'd buy another! No problems, action is smoothed out to K6s standards by use.

RevolverGuy.com has a good write up on them.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    @Hizzie - any thoughts?
    I like mine. Great trigger and easy to see sights. Shoots to sights with 148gr wadcutters. Recoil is mild. It has been the gun I grab most lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I've owned one since August/23 and no issues. I also own the 2" DAO and 3" DASA. Kimber does the revolver right, the 1911 not so much.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I like mine. Great trigger and easy to see sights. Shoots to sights with 148gr wadcutters. Recoil is mild. It has been the gun I grab most lately.
    Yep, same here at least when I’m staying around my ultra-quiet neighborhood at home. I mainly practice with my 3” K6S and carry this one, so not too many rounds through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Glad to hear they are related for wadcutters.

Anybody know if the same applies to the steel guns?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Glad to hear they are related for wadcutters.

Anybody know if the same applies to the steel guns?
    I received 2 boxes of Fed GMM this afternoon and hope to try it in my 3” K6 DAO this weekend. Any particular distance you’re curious about? I’m planning on trying it at 7 and 10 yards.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List