Page 32 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Fuse Enabling

GB has a much wanted unicorn. If bidding isn't extremely crazy, otherwise 65-4 would been purchased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I thought Guns.com was an internet portal for FFLs. I don't know who they are.

Robertson's has some stainless Speed-Sixes.

Guns.com is an online retailer like grab a gun, etc. I think they have a retail outlet somewhere, I’ve been seeing their listings show up in force on Guns International recently.

I haven’t dealt with them but the guy that puts out one of my favorite blogs is a writer for their website and he posted this last week: HEARD A STORY ABOUT 800 SURPLUS K-FRAMES

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Summit Gun Broker - Model 10's, et al. on GB

Summit Gun Broker has a dozen S&W Model 10's up on Gunbroker.

Other S&W's of interest he's got listed are:
    686-1
    28-2
    65-2
    67-1

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/923480462

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post

686-1
    28-2
    65-2
    67-1

I knew that the business was up for sale, I don't recall the old owner selling much on GB.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I knew that the business was up for sale, I don't recall the old owner selling much on GB.
    The original owner (Mark) would sell on GB from time to time, but most of his business was direct sales from his website.
    The new owner (Matt) completely revamped the website and moved the business from Missouri to Ohio.

I miss the old website because of it's "old school" format/layout and always enjoyed visiting with Mark.
    In no way am I knocking the new owner or his new website - I'm sure it's increased sales with his modernizing of the site.
    But I find all the pop-ups, drop downs, hyperlinks, or whatever you call all that stuff, and the fancy interface web stuff in general, annoying.
    But, that's most sites these days.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post

686-1
    28-2
    65-2
    67-1

Time's running out.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Not quite short fuse enabling but a sanity check. Local place has a dozen (or more?) Model 5737 for $515 OTD. I can't tell if they're NOS or what but they are in the box and look unused but they put them all in the used case.

Am I foolish to not grab 1 or 2 at that price?

I really like SP101s but I'm not much on fixed sights. The front sight looks like it can be replaced so that helps. I'm thinking replace the front sight with something I can see, drop in a DAO hammer and drive on with something that will probably outlast my grandkids.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Not quite short fuse enabling but a sanity check. Local place has a dozen (or more?) Model 5737 for $515 OTD. I can't tell if they're NOS or what but they are in the box and look unused but they put them all in the used case.

I really like SP101s but I'm not much on fixed sights. The front sight looks like it can be replaced so that helps. I'm thinking replace the front sight with something I can see, drop in a DAO hammer and drive on with something that will probably outlast my grandkids.

This is just me, but I would definitely grab one. But - I have found it a challenge to hunt down a factory DAO trigger. Ruger has wanted you to ship them gun, and has not sold that part directly.

If that has changed, I would be delighted.

Thanks for the link!

Yes. You are.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    This is just me, but I would definitely grab one. But - I have found it a challenge to hunt down a factory DAO trigger. Ruger has wanted you to ship them gun, and has not sold that part directly.

If that has changed, I would be delighted.

Thanks for the link!
    It isn't difficult at all to make the spur and SA sear disappear from the factory hammer. I did it on an old Security-Six.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List