Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tornado Season 2021

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Glad you're okay, neighbor. I got turned around at Carr's Hill Baptist by TCSO and EMS when going for my 3PM C-19 appointment.

Thanks. That was the tornado warning that come by here that sent you home. We got more coming. It may be a long and interesting night.

I spoke with a county employee yesterday and they are looking to set up additional vacs sights. May or may not happen but they are trying.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Holy fuck, guys. I wish there was more I could do than to say 'stay safe'.
    Thanks, but that’s all any of us can really do at the moment.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Thanks. That was the tornado warning that come by here that sent you home. We got more coming. It may be a long and interesting night.

I spoke with a county employee yesterday and they are looking to set up additional vacs sights. May or may not happen but they are trying.
    Just got an email to show up between 8.30 and 1 tomorrow for the 2nd shot.

The light show is back upon us now.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    From today, but not mine. Twins...

Name:  1C74110F-5881-494B-863F-9CC0DC812A6A.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  48.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    You guys in Mississippi are instigating all this with your unstable Mississippi air....
    It's all those crazy people up in north Mississippi! Don't blame me!

Site Supporter
    I hate the suffering these storms cause.

Still, there is no adrenaline rush like storm chasing, for me. 15 years ago I worked for a TV station in production, and the weather guys got me into storm chasing. It’s been years since I’ve done it, and I forgot most of what I knew. Plus it was getting stupid crowded out there with other chasers. Fond memories of exciting times.

There was always an element of guilt because as exciting as the storms are, they often cause suffering. So as thrilling as it was, I would trade no excitement for no suffering.

Thankfully I never witnessed serious destruction of people’s lives from the storms.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    From today, but not mine. Twins...

Name:  1C74110F-5881-494B-863F-9CC0DC812A6A.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  48.4 KB
    Wow!

Stay safe everyone in the path!
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Alabama Lightning

***NEWS RELEASE***
    A Florence Police Officer was struck by lightning while putting out barricades at the intersection of Chisholm Rd and Gresham Rd. Other Florence Police Officers provided immediate first aid and transported him to NAMC where he is being monitored. He is conscious and responsive at this time.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    No warnings in AL at the moment, but there’s still fuel in the atmosphere and it isn finished yet....

Ho Lee Fuk. We just have earth quakes here. My dad used to live in TX and I would watch the live tornado tracker on the TV. I ask him one time if it bothered him that there were so many tornadoes in the area. "Nope, happens every spring. Nothing to worry about because the chances one will hit you are next to zero". A tornado ripped thru the small town where he lived in 1938 and killed 14 people. He wasn't there. I guess those are pretty good odds since nobody has been killed there since 1938.

I was in a tornado east of Denver on I-70 once. Sought shelter under an overpass. Wind was probably 100 mph plus because it was bending those big signs over on the highway. Not sure exactly how close it was because I couldn't see 100 ft with the rain. Got into Denver and they reported it touching down where I was at the time. Some scary shit. Made it thru.

Five people have been killed, several were injured and others are missing after a tornado struck in Calhoun County, Alabama, on Thursday afternoon, according to multiple media reports.

Four of the Calhoun County deaths were in Ohatchee, Alabama, including a family of three, according to reporter Andrew Donley.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-25-2021 at 07:51 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List