Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Pick a New Carry Pistol

Beretta Px4CC carried AIWB a no go? Am I missing something?

HK USP Compact, LEM with the one side or the ambi thumb safety (it is currently Mrs. Fatdog's personal gun). Hits every possible gun handling safety concern, still relatively easy to shoot. Has highly reliable 10 round mags available if that ever becomes a concern. You can reconfigure any USP ever made to this configuration. I found it slightly easier to conceal than a G19. Carried an identical unit to hers myself for several years.

Dan Wesson ECO in 9mm. I had one, it was quite reliable, easy to shoot, but sold it when I decided to get completely out of the 9mm 1911 business. 8+1 is short of your target round count, but I would certainly trade a round or two for great accuracy and shootability which the ECO has.

We are blessed to live in an age when there are at least a half dozen adequate viable polymer frame guns that meet most or all of your criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    As much as I love the 26 and my enigma, and the fact I can carry a 19 as easily as the 26 in an enigma and the 26 hides really really well I think the sawed off service sized double stacks might be bigger than what I would want for what you’re trying to do.
    When I initially read this I thought man my 26/19 in an Enigma is perfect for this. Then as I came back this morning I have to agree. There are times that I need something smaller. This weekend we are moving there will be a model 60 j frame in my pocket.

Site Supporter
    I just bought a HK P30sk at my LGS- the DA trigger on my V3 was as good as the one on my CZ P-07. I'm very happy with it.

Too bad the Dan Wesson DWX Compact isn't out in the wild yet.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Since a workplace was part of the stated need, I am really, really uncomfortable recommending anything larger than a P365. Getting caught and potentially compromising employment is not worth any extra size or capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I carry a Shield (Ca version) with Magguts mag parts. 11 rds and 1/4" longer than a standard 8 rd mag.
    I also have a 2.0 compact I carry quite a bit, with good holsters they both disappear with normal size clothing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by momano View Post
    I just bought a HK P30sk at my LGS- the DA trigger on my V3 was as good as the one on my CZ P-07. I'm very happy with it.
    This is an interesting choice. If one gets the V3 with safety, it can be carried 1911 style, decocked safety off, or changed to LEM to give that a whirl.

Factory springs can be changed out to adjust trigger preferences and there are GrayGuns after market options.

Meets the weight parameters and takes 10, 13, 15 and 20 round factory mags. Sight options from several companies (not Ameriglo). Easy to change sights with the right pusher, but not Glock easy due to the front dovetail.

On the flip side, it’s about the same size and weight as a G19, which was mentioned before as an excellent choice with SCD.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Capacity is the primary reason. The area where I'll be frequenting has had a lot of riots/demonstrations/violence lately courtesy of Antifa

--

Here's my shopping list so far:

Beretta - PX4CC, APX (actually hands on all three variants since I'd like to chop a full size grip down).
    CZ - P01, P07
    Glock - G26.5
    HK - P2000, P2000sk
    Sig - 365, 365XL
    Smith - M&P 2.0 Subcompact
    Wilson - EDC X9S

-

It's a good list so far. I'm off to spend some time on HandgunHero overlaying them on a Commander.
    Of these, my simplest choice would be the G26. Familiarity with Glock system. Check. Accepts longer mags of larger models. Check. Done. For those desiring the options, MOS and SCD should be available, checking two more boxes.

In real life, I sold my Gen4 G26, to one of my former trainees, and traded-away my three Gen4 G19 Glocks, only keeping my larger Glocks, with their ”orthopedic” grips. (Getting old is not easy.) I have seller’s remorse, however, regarding the Baby, and am likely to replace it, as soon as the panic-demic allows. There are niches that it just fits, and my healthier left hand can still shoot compact pistols.

I had a run of bad luck with Colt Commanders, in the Nineties. At least three samples. My 21st Century Commander is the G19x/G45.

Regarding a chopped APX, well, “Hmm, very interesting.”
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

P2000SK LEM TLG with stealth levers in a Smart Carry.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List