Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Pick a New Carry Pistol

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m a little surprised a SCD equipped Glock isn’t on your list, because a G26.5 would fill the need.

P99c because it can be decocked?
    Either of those or P2000sk LEM

If a CCO style 1911 is an option a Staccato C is a potential choice. The beavertail is "blunted" making it print less, they like 9mm Wilson officers mags (8 or 9 round). They are pretty light loaded with the aluminum/plastic STI frame. They also fit in a JMCK STI 4.4 AIWB holster much like a G19 fits in a G17 holster. Downsides (potentially) STI's reputation (although the C using single stack mags eliminates some drama), factory triggers with less than you may want on a carry gun and frames that are "slicker" than any gen 1 STI (although Extreme Shooters offers stippling), the aluminum frames show wear pretty quick from use with kydex and a lot of draws and a lack of being able to separate the plastic grip from the frame....
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Hm. Ever tried a 3rd Gen Smith 3913 Ladysmith? Not the greatest location for safety/decocker, but they are fairly flat and really easy to shoot well.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

It took me a while to warm up to it, but the 365Xl is filling a similar need for me. It does everything you are looking for if you get a safety equipped version.

I have pocket carried a P365 in a Sticky Holster Mon-Fri in a NPE for 2 years or so comfortably and without incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Hm. Ever tried a 3rd Gen Smith 3913 Ladysmith? Not the greatest location for safety/decocker, but they are fairly flat and really easy to shoot well.
    Have one in the safe actually. It was my carry gun for a long time, but inadvertent activating of the safety + magazine safety makes it a no-go. I switched to the aforementioned Kahr CW9 to replace it.

I did get hands on with a P365 last weekend and found it mostly ideal, but the grip is a little too small at the heel. Looks like Boresight has a modification that adds girth back there, but it's pricey (about tree hundo).

Still a 365 or 365XL seems like the correct choice here.

We'll see though, I have something else I've been looking at and I won't let the cat out of the bag until I make the final decision.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 03-23-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Well OP sorry to hear of your hesitation with regards to certain guns AIWB, I've been rockin' a G19 (and sometimes G17) daily for years in NPE. Easy gun to make disappear with the right holster. (JMCK Wing Claw 2.0).

Tuckable works!

G19, SCD equipped if you must.
    Ive always had the rear corner of the slide print when carrying glocks. And I use the 2.0 wing claw as well.

I know you want an increased capacity over the cw9 but Id stick with the cw9

I skimmed through but maybe I missed it, why not a Beretta LTT compact?

92s carry really well with their profile.

My internettin’, for my personal requirements for a pistol I will shoot right-handed, has me thinking that the P365XL is probably too short, in height, and that the Razorback mod does not add height. So, a Razor-backed P365XL would be relegated to lefty-only usage, unless Boresight Solutions can make a custom-extended frame. That is not a deal-killer, but does make this Razorback build less urgent. (My personal issue is worsening arthritis in my right thumb and wrist. Little guns hurt, unless the rear of the grip frame bridges all the way to the “heel bone” of my hand.)

I did discover the exact dimensions of the Beretta APX Centurion, which has really caught my attention, with its tall-enough height, for my gimpy hand, while being nicely abbreviated, in slide/barrel length. I shall need to handle one, soon, to see how it fits, and points. At almost age 60, I do not plan to force my brain and nervous system to adapt to something that is not already a decent fit, when a G19x/G45 is already “there.”)

RevolverRob, er, I meant AutoLoaderRob, I do hope that your quest is going well.
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-30-2021 at 01:02 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List