Thread: Sig P365XL Optic Plate Removal

Sig P365XL Optic Plate Removal

So after patiently waiting for a 365XL to show up in inventory I managed to snag one at the local LGS today. Got home and wanted to install the 507k sitting in my safe. To my chagrin the 2 screws holding the rear iron and optic plate in place have heads that are stripped out. The Sig supplied 5/64 allen wrench can be turned with a mere 2 finger effort. Tried a different allen wrench in case it was the tool and the same result. Anyone deal with this issue before? If so how did you manage to solve it?

Going to call the LGS and see if the gunsmith there has any tools available to deal with the teeny screw removal. Id rather not have to send it back to Sig right out of the box if possible.

Thanks!

Taking a break from social media.

I had the same issue on one I got a week ago, but hammered a larger size bit in and got enough purchase to remove the screws.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Those screws are ridiculously thin walled.
    I think I hammered a Torx into one.

I'm 1 for 2 removing screws. Sent my 2nd XL back to Sig on 5/3 and it came back today. Some drama with FedEx thinking New Hampshire was International.
    I stripped the slide before I returned it, coz reasons. I received my slide back with all the bits installed. So now I have some
    backup pieces if needed.
    Put the Holosun 407K on and fired 1 round in the rain, then headed to the house to check on pulled pork for dinner.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

My LGS had a smith on hand who pounded an oversized Torix but into the screws. I think he said T9 into one and T10 into the second. $10 well spent IMO.

The little screws looked like they might have had red loctite on them. Not sure WTF whoever is installing those is thinking. Threads looked like crap from over tightening. Thankfully the screws go through the optic mounting holes and only engage into the rear sight.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    My LGS had a smith on hand who pounded an oversized Torix but into the screws. I think he said T9 into one and T10 into the second. $10 well spent IMO.

The little screws looked like they might have had red loctite on them. Not sure WTF whoever is installing those is thinking. Threads looked like crap from over tightening. Thankfully the screws go through the optic mounting holes and only engage into the rear sight.
    Both my guns were made the same day. I just barely got the first screws out, no loctite. If a person is installing them, he has
    the hand strength of a gorilla.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

I just received a new 365X slide a few days ago and the two screws came out without drama. Clearly Ron Cohen lurks on PF.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just received a new 365X slide a few days ago and the two screws came out without drama. Clearly Ron Cohen lurks on PF.
    Both of mine have Feb 26, 2021 date.

Charles de Gaulle

User Tag List