Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Home brew P365X perfect for Exec Protection and EDC

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Referring to a Wilson Combat "XL" (12 round) grip module, as opposed to a regular Sig OEM 12 round grip module?

If so, I like mine a lot. My review was posted here in the WC grip thread. Cliffs are the WC grip is 0.3 oz heavier (1.8 oz heavier with the Tungsten weight kit), has a built-in mag well (ish), has really really aggressive texture on the front and backstrap, and feels slightly "rounder" than OEM. The only mod I've made to it is to shorten the beavertail about 1mm with a Dremel. It stuck a bit far out for me.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1312148
    Yes, the Wilson. I’m just hesitant because I had no problems with my Glocks and have a few coupons for em sitting here.

But the Wilson module, extra rounds and safety option are very appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I am ready to pickup another small carry 9. I’ve had a multitude of Glocks. They all worked and I never had a failure. But the 365 is tempting. I am contemplating buying a 365 somewhat base model and installing the XL style Wilson grip module. I am not looking for a optics ready model so I would prefer spending the extra money on gear.

Has anyone ran the Wilson 12rnd with a base 365? And If so how did you like it? I do not like the factory grip on the 365 at all.

What is the purpose of the new gun or what role is it to work in?

I like my 365 and XL with WC grip module but I switched from Glocks to 365 because it works better for me and EDC with 10+ rounds better than Glock 43, 43X or 48 none of which I have sold yet.

Home brew P365X perfect for Exec Protection and EDC

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    What is the purpose of the new gun or what role is it to work in?

I like my 365 and XL with WC grip module but I switched from Glocks to 365 because it works better for me and EDC with 10+ rounds better than Glock 43, 43X or 48 none of which I have sold yet.
    Basically a slim pistol to carry in summer months. It will sub in for my p229/509. I wish I could get the xl length slide minus the optics cut. So that’s why I’m looking at going 365 with Wilson module to get that length and capacity.

I will say this. I’m not bound to the cheaper option. If y’all think the 365xl is that much better if a shooter than that seems like the more logical choice.

Last edited by Trukinjp13; 03-03-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Any of the 365 variants should be a good slim concealed carry for summertime. The XL is softer/nicer shooting and if used with irons it offers longer sight radius and a little more velocity. It carries almost as easy especially if you planned on doing a X length grip module anyways. The only issue with the XL sight plate is that the rear sight is attached but it is snag free and the sights are pretty decent.

If it adds anything to aid in your decision I will likely pick up a X model as my next purchase to go with the regular and XL that I already have. It's not that I don't already have the ability to create any variant just that an X would allow for optic mount from the factory and would be XL length with a carry comp both/either of which are interesting to me. Watching @JCN Spectre comp research and comparison closely.

If you are comparing it to slimline Glocks the 365,X and XL have better sights, triggers and are smaller right out of the box. The WC grip module adds plenty and is cheaper and reversible where grip stippling not so much and the slimlines are slick to me. The full length RSA of the XL is more forgiving than the all short 43,43X and 48 RSA.

Site Supporter
    Basically a slim pistol to carry in summer months. It will sub in for my p229/509. I wish I could get the xl length slide minus the optics cut. So that’s why I’m looking at going 365 with Wilson module to get that length and capacity.

I will say this. I’m not bound to the cheaper option. If y’all think the 365xl is that much better if a shooter than that seems like the more logical choice.

I own 2 XL' s and a std 365, just my opinion...
    If you never plan on pocket carrying, and can live with the rear sight (black it out if you don't like ns 's)you can change the front, why get a std 365?
    If you might want a RDS an X or longer slide XL are good options with a straight trigger if it matters to you, you could choose to run a 12rd or 10rd module on any of the uppers, modules are inexpensive, especially if you look for available used.
    Personally, I've settled on an XL with a 407 / 507K in a weighted WC 12 rd module AIWB and keep the std 363 (with blacked serrated rear / FO frt Dawson sights) for rare pocket or enigma carry.
    There's a lot of options with the platform, you can pick your prefered option and add options if / as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I own 2 XL' s and a std 365, just my opinion...
    If you never plan on pocket carrying, and can live with the rear sight (black it out if you don't like ns 's)you can change the front, why get a std 365?
    If you might want a RDS an X or longer slide XL are good options with a straight trigger if it matters to you, you could choose to run a 12rd or 10rd module on any of the uppers, modules are inexpensive, especially if you look for available used.
    Personally, I've settled on an XL with a 407 / 507K in a weighted WC 12 rd module AIWB and keep the std 363 (with blacked serrated rear / FO frt Dawson sights) for rare pocket or enigma carry.
    There's a lot of options with the platform, you can pick your prefered option and add options if / as you wish.
    I guess my main rub with the xl is the rear sight plate. I would vastly prefer the spectre comp integrated rear sight and separate optic. I do not think I’ll put a optic on this one. So a irons only XL would be ideal for me.

Site Supporter
    I guess my main rub with the xl is the rear sight plate. I would vastly prefer the spectre comp integrated rear sight and separate optic. I do not think I’ll put a optic on this one. So a irons only XL would be ideal for me.

I hear ya, before I mounted my first XL rds (a Shield ), I sharpied my rear XL sight and ran a Night Fision front...
    Worked OK for me.

User Tag List