Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible problem P365XL SPECTRE comp

Possible problem P365XL SPECTRE comp

Ok, I’m not a long time shooter, but in the past 9 months I’ve shot well over 30,000 rounds. (I’m obsessive).

Anyway I picked up two 365xl SPECTRE comps. I put a Romeo zero elite on one and left the other one alone. Put about 500 rounds through each. I didn’t shoot that much rapid fire at all, but when I did it was very easy to control.

BUT now my possible problem. My regular 365xl Romeo zero seems to shoot better in slow fire, more accurate and more consistent.

Why did Sig polish that titanium nitride trigger ? Now my skin is somewhat softer than your average guy because of a difference in my collagen density. I think my finger might be sliding a little bit on that polished trigger face.

Anyone here fire a 365xl SPECTRE that wasn’t comped or comped and found the trigger face too slick ?

I guess I could swap FCU’s with my regular 365x and 365xl and see if that helps.
    Any ideas on doing something or putting something on the trigger face to increase friction ?

I was thinking of putting a simple piece of masking tape around the trigger face, like a banaid on a finger.

Am I totally off base ? Opinions………

Name:  WAT.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  63.2 KB

I think you got pretty good advice previously to stop overthinking stuff.

It seems highly unlikely that slow fire issues are related to trigger slickness and collagen density.

Do your sights move in dry fire? What's your dry fire regimen?
    Last edited by MickAK; 03-01-2022 at 10:53 PM.

I need to dry fire that gun. Agreed.

My dry fire isn’t enough !

(The SPECTRE does have a slippery curved trigger ((the sides of the trigger)), even though it’s a “straight” trigger.

I love that lady “wat”

I thought SPECTRE was the James Bond opponent after SMERSH.

But I don't care for the polished triggers common on souped up revolvers.
    I want S&W serrations dulled but not removed. Python trigger grooves are about right.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 365X View Post
    I put a Romeo zero elite on one and left the other one alone. Put about 500 rounds through each. I didn’t shoot that much rapid fire at all, but when I did it was very easy to control.

BUT now my possible problem. My regular 365xl Romeo zero seems to shoot better in slow fire, more accurate and more consistent.

Am I totally off base ? Opinions………
    Yes, you're off base. You're doing better during slow fire because you're taking your time to make your hits.

There is a possibility that one pistol is more accurate than the other, and it is probably the pistol that hasn't been fired as much. Don't forget to change your recoil spring regularly, 30K in 9 months is probably past due on that little gun.

I haven’t fired 30,000 through just those guns…….probably around 30,000 rounds total through various pistols. Mostly 9mm…..

Also the SPECTRE trigger is slipperier and possibly the slide comp might be introducing some more sideways forces in slow fire.

I haven’t fired a Spectre Comp so I’m just spitballing here. Is it blastier than the uncomped gun? Could it be inducing a flinch that you don’t have with the regular XL? Can you elaborate on what you mean by “more accurate and more consistent?”
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

To me initially it seems from say 15yds and out that my regular 365xl is more accurate with my Romeo zero than my 365 xl SPECTRE comp.

Seems like their is a POA/POI slight shift to the left. I don’t know why…..sure it’s probably me……..

But why make that gold trigger so slick !

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 365X View Post
    Why did Sig polish that titanium nitride trigger ?
    Because it looks good in FaceGramInfluencerTube pics and vids.

Ok.

I finally figured out what’s going on.

The SPECTRE grip module is MUCH more grippy, and the pulling of the trigger effects the gun much more than a regular P365XL or X.
    Due to greater connection between the hand and the gun, and slight movement of the trigger or hand causes a more abrupt change in the attitude of the muzzle.

So I changed my finger position to the trigger, and instead of using my finger pad I went much closer to the knuckle.

User Tag List