Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a SBR Form 1 How to Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Last year when I was getting my lowers engraved the guy in front of me was trying to add another suppressor to his trust and was surprised to learn the six or so people he had listed had to provide fingerprints, etc. for each new item added.

I did mine as an individual. If going the trust route and there's the chance you might want to add a bunch of stuff as time goes on then you might also want to have everyone get their prints done by a digital service like identigo and order a bunch of the finished cards all at once. The more people on the trust, the longer that could delay the process while you're herding cats to get everyone printed (again). Especially if you've got a bunch of family members that aren't really gun people listed.
    Adding and removing trustees is as simple as signing and notarizing a form.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Adding and removing trustees is as simple as signing and notarizing a form.
    The lowers in the post you quoted are my first NFA items, so I'm still new to this. What do you think was going on with having all the people on his trust needing to provide fingerprints and pictures then?

Or are you saying you can remove everybody from the trust, add new items, then add everyone back without having to provide prints/photos?

The lowers in the post you quoted are my first NFA items, so I'm still new to this. What do you think was going on with having all the people on his trust needing to provide fingerprints and pictures then?

Or are you saying you can remove everybody from the trust, add new items, then add everyone back without having to provide prints/photos?
    I am not a lawyer and I'm not giving legal advice. I have been counseled that only the people on the trust during the application and review process are subject to the application and review. Anyone added after an item has been approved is not subject to the application and review.

Draw your own conclusions and consult with your attorney.

In 2016 the ATF started requiring all responsible people, on the trust, to provide fingerprints, photos, and the responsible person form.

Before the ATF 41F regulations were enacted on July 13th, 2016, citizens were allowed to purchase NFA firearms with a gun trust like today, but the responsible persons in the trust were not required to send in fingerprint cards and photo cards. After the ATF 41F laws were enacted all citizens who are applying for NFA firearms with or without a NFA Gun Trust are required to send in photo cards, fingerprint cards and the responsible persons form. NOTE: All responsible parties of a NFA Gun Trust are required to send in photo cards, fingerprint cards and the responsible persons questionnaire.
    https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/pa...questions-faqs
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

My wife is a member of my LLC that holds all of my NFA stuff. I have a stack of her fingerprint cards. She would only consent to 5 sets so she knows that I can only buy 5 NFA items at most. If decide to go the individual route without telling her, the police will already have my fingerprints to identify me when my body is found.

Site Supporter

Approval time

Form 1 Efile for SBR submitted 03/23/2021

Approved 04/25/2021

User Tag List