Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a SBR Form 1 How to Guide

Looking for a SBR Form 1 How to Guide

I am going to SBR one of my lowers and I am looking for a Form 1 SBR how to guide for a trust. I found some but they are from a while ago, when the photo prints were not required. Any links to a good how to site would be appreciated.

Are you going the trust route for a spsific reason? With the reworking of things that went down a while ago its no longer easier to do the trust as apposed to filing as an individual. Im also skeptical of these "instant trusts" that companies offer. Id get a real live meat and bones trust lawyer to write one up for you if thats the road you really want to go down.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There are still tremendous advantages to the trust route. Simplest; your significant other can be a trustee, and thus legally possess any/all of the trust assets (i.e., have the ability to open the safe). If you go the individual route, it is you and you alone who may be in possession of the assets.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    There are still tremendous advantages to the trust route. Simplest; your significant other can be a trustee, and thus legally possess any/all of the trust assets (i.e., have the ability to open the safe). If you go the individual route, it is you and you alone who may be in possession of the assets.
    This is very true. I have actually been contemplating having a trust drawn up and having my nfa items moved to the trust. Biggest reason being my wife and daughter being able to have my stuff if I "buy the farm" at it were.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Looking for a SBR Form 1 How to Guide

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    This is very true. I have actually been contemplating having a trust drawn up and having my nfa items moved to the trust. Biggest reason being my wife and daughter being able to have my stuff if I "buy the farm" at it were.
    Even if not, they can’t use the stuff without you physically present so if you have an SBR and/or can for the house gun, there is a potential problem waiting to happen.

OP, I can’t help with the how-to guide but if you want the easiest route and don’t mind paying a bit extra and waiting a little bit longer, Capitol Armory has a Form 1 service that I used for mine. I think it was about $65 and they either did everything or gave me specific details on the stuff I had to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My trust was written by a trust lawyer. I have a couple of items on it already, I just haven't gone down the form 1 route yet.

I'll be doing one in a few weeks and actually watched this this morning. I've done paper versions before, but haven't done the e-file process before.

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    If you transfer your items from individual to a trust you will need to pay the $200 transfer tax on each item. If you die you wife can have them transferred to her without a tax on a form 5.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    If you transfer your items from individual to a trust you will need to pay the $200 transfer tax on each item. If you die you wife can have them transferred to her without a tax on a form 5.
    I was aware of needing to pay the 200 again but not the form 5. Screw it then..she can do the damn paperwork.

Last year when I was getting my lowers engraved the guy in front of me was trying to add another suppressor to his trust and was surprised to learn the six or so people he had listed had to provide fingerprints, etc. for each new item added.

I did mine as an individual. If going the trust route and there's the chance you might want to add a bunch of stuff as time goes on then you might also want to have everyone get their prints done by a digital service like identigo and order a bunch of the finished cards all at once. The more people on the trust, the longer that could delay the process while you're herding cats to get everyone printed (again). Especially if you've got a bunch of family members that aren't really gun people listed.

User Tag List