Thread: Daniel Defense customer service

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Daniel Defense customer service

Mixed bag, but I gotta provide some props for a company doing me right.

I bought a Daniel Defense micro mount for the Aimpoint on an AR pistol. https://danieldefense.com/micro-mount-rock-lockr.html Picked it up from Optics Planet, everything arrived in a timely manner, great price, etc. Unfortunately, by the time I got it mounted up and got it to the range, I was outside the OP return window. Had a severe problem with windage, too much to correct with the Aimpoint's built-in adjustments. When I started looking into it, I discovered that the mount did not fit the Aimpoint properly. Rather than wedging into a zero-clearance fit, it could be rotated noticeably when the screws were loosened. So there was basically no way to ensure the Aimpoint was pointed in the same direction as the barrel when installing it.

I reached out to Daniel Defense and they offered to take it back and refund the purchase price if they agreed that it was defective, even though I didn't buy it direct. I sent it back. Took several months, but eventually, a check did arrive.

Pretty nice to not get scrood. So I can't really recommend that product, but I do appreciate the company standing behind it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Mixed bag, but I gotta provide some props for a company doing me right.

I bought a Daniel Defense micro mount for the Aimpoint on an AR pistol. https://danieldefense.com/micro-mount-rock-lockr.html Picked it up from Optics Planet, everything arrived in a timely manner, great price, etc. Unfortunately, by the time I got it mounted up and got it to the range, I was outside the OP return window. Had a severe problem with windage, too much to correct with the Aimpoint's built-in adjustments. When I started looking into it, I discovered that the mount did not fit the Aimpoint properly. Rather than wedging into a zero-clearance fit, it could be rotated noticeably when the screws were loosened. So there was basically no way to ensure the Aimpoint was pointed in the same direction as the barrel when installing it.

I reached out to Daniel Defense and they offered to take it back and refund the purchase price if they agreed that it was defective, even though I didn't buy it direct. I sent it back. Took several months, but eventually, a check did arrive.

Pretty nice to not get scrood. So I can't really recommend that product, but I do appreciate the company standing behind it.
    Several months seems ... a little slow? But good on them for making it right in the end.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm about a year and a half out on another vendor getting me taken care of. The first barrel they sent was defective, and so was the replacement. They apparently haven't run those parts since this time last year. And they were useless in working through the retailer to get me a refund. They reached out to the retailer, which offered to extend the time window for their normal return policy, which was a 15 percent restocking fee, and only if the part was perfectly as-new and sellable. The implication being that they were going to take 15 percent out of the deal to take back a part for resale to some other schmuck when the manufacturer had already determined that it was defective and shouldn't be used.

Pretty much the opposite in every way, from both companies, of my DD experience.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

DD did a recall on the bolt for my Delta 5, they were fast and had good communication. They treated me well.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Several months seems ... a little slow? But good on them for making it right in the end.
    Damn that COVID.
    #RESIST

User Tag List