Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    How tall are you guys with 4runners? Sat in a few at the dealership and my head was brushing the cieling. Im 6'2".
    I am 6-1 and never noticed an issue. Not sure what model, can you lower the seat?

Army Green rocks. The engine is underpowered, and its doesn’t have blind spot monitoring or AWD in the TRD Pro, but we like it. And they hold their value as well as anything.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

How tall are you guys with 4runners? Sat in a few at the dealership and my head was brushing the cieling. Im 6'2".
    Fit my 6'4" friend in there easily enough, though it could be a matter of torso vs. legs. It seems like the cabin "feels" confined though I don't know that it truly is. As if the windshield is narrower than on other vehicles?

I've used my 2016 trail edition on some pretty rough trails (exceptionally steep, heavily rutted, considerable exposed rock) in the local national forest. Clearance is exceptional, low 4wd is confidence-inspiring. Seems bulletproof. We love our 4Runner.

Site Supporter
    My wife has a 4Runner. She really likes it. The different models have different seats. I don’t remember which model she has. I think it’s a trail model. The passenger seat on her’s does not have enough head room for me; but it’s okay on the drivers side.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    The sunroof will cost you an inch or so of headroom. My 4th Gen has the sunroof and my 5’11 head will make contact when wearing a hat. My understanding is that the 5th Gens are a little better in this regard.

I’m 6’2” and don’t have an issue with mine with a sunroof.

I have a 2017 TRD Offroad and it is the best vehicle I have had in a long time. My previous favorite was a 1998 TRD Tacoma.

The tribe has spoken...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I really like my TRD Off-Road with the KDSS. No lift --you probably know there are limitations on the lifts on the KDSS's.

I think the ride quality -- roll, etc, is very good.

Name:  IMG_0123.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  56.3 KB

I am 6’1 and the headroom is fine once you manage your expectations for a body on frame structure.
    Last edited by Maca; 03-15-2021 at 06:43 AM.

Site Supporter
    4runners are slated to move to the 6th gen in late 2022. So if you like the 5th gen its likely time to get one.

The KDSS system...research KDSS "lean" on T4R.org. You will save yourself a huge headache by following the recommendations for greasing the system when new. It looks like a 5 minute per side process and it saves you big time later on.

Not sure what your budget is, but I think the TRD Pro version may suit you better. It has decent to good tires, substantially better shocks and springs. If you are needing to upgrade to an ICON stage 2 or 3 then yeah save yourself the extra money. But if you want to go from dealer lot to adding gear, then the trd pro might be better.

I've had 4 5th gen's and never had any issue with them. The build quality is really phenomenal.

User Tag List