Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    How tall are you guys with 4runners? Sat in a few at the dealership and my head was brushing the cieling. Im 6'2".
    6'1" here. Head was brushing the moonroof. Honestly my biggest issue with the 4 Runner and the Tacoma-they should have been made a couple inches taller and longer.. My driving position makes it uncomfortable for a decent sized adult to sit behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    My wife has a 4Runner. She really likes it. The different models have different seats. I don’t remember which model she has. I think it’s a trail model. The passenger seat on her’s does not have enough head room for me; but it’s okay on the drivers side.
    Yep, the seat adjustability on 4 runners/tacomas I've been in were almost pointless. Throw that in with the legs forward driving position, was a no go

I did have the seat bottomed out. I do believe there is some truth to torso vs legs and the fact that after a spinal fusion I dont like being leaned back to fit. But I was worried that even if it was close, if I started bouncing around I would make contact which would seem like a bad idea. I went with the Tundra TRD Pro. But I find that I just dont use the bed anymore so I would prefer an SUV.

I've got KDSS on my 2016 Trail Edition Premium...haven't noticed any lean (yet). I love the 4Runner. It's the perfect vehicle for our environment.

(Gravel, mud, some snow, and often steep inclines.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I drive a 2011 4x4 Tacoma Quadcab with the 4.0 liter engine. Plenty of power, fits my wife and I well, nearly 190,000 miles with few problems.

How is the power on the new 4 Runner compared to what I’m used to?

We’re seriously considering one for my wife to drive later this year.

Site Supporter
    Has anybody tried aftermarket seats? Scheel- Mann ortho seats in particular

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My sister had a Camry that was out of warranty. It had transmissions problems, which her local transmission shop fixed. Years later, she found out that there was a "secret warranty" of the transmission and that if she had taken it into Toyota, they'd have fixed it for free.

She hates Toyota with the heat of a thousand suns.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My sister had a Camry that was out of warranty. It had transmissions problems, which her local transmission shop fixed. Years later, she found out that there was a "secret warranty" of the transmission and that if she had taken it into Toyota, they'd have fixed it for free.

Always best to take it to a dealer for an estimate. I stopped using a dealer when the warranty on my Chev ran out but I usually gave them a crack at an estimate before I took it to a local mechanic. The difference was usually about 40% less for drive train repair.

How is the power on the new 4 Runner compared to what I’m used to?

We’re seriously considering one for my wife to drive later this year.
    I have a 2019 4R that I purchased right before the 2020 models hit the dealers. The acceleration isn't great, seems to lag a bit when I punch it, but for 95% of my driving it's just fine. 21-22 mpg.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-15-2021 at 01:08 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    4Runners are fantastic. If Toyota would ever wake up and put their 5.7L V8 in them, that'd put a real hurt on Tahoe, Durango, and Explorer sales.

I had a 2004 V8 4wd that I sold before my last deployment and I miss it terribly. I expected to replace it when I got back, instead I came back to prices on those V8 4th gens going nuts.
    My wife really wants an Army Green 5th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

She should hate that local transmission shop for being snakes and taking her money instead of telling her about the recall. Virtually every auto shop like that will have access to AllData or a similar database that not only provides all the service manuals for most makes/models but tracks TSB's, recalls, etc on all the same. In fact, it's quite possible they just took it to the dealer, had the dealer install a free transmission, and delivered it to her and gave her the bill.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    4Runners are fantastic. If Toyota would ever wake up and put their 5.7L V8 in them, that'd put a real hurt on Tahoe, Durango, and Explorer sales.

I had a 2004 V8 4wd that I sold before my last deployment and I miss it terribly. I expected to replace it when I got back, instead I came back to prices on those V8 4th gens going nuts.
    My wife really wants an Army Green 5th gen.

She should hate that local transmission shop for being snakes and taking her money instead of telling her about the recall. Virtually every auto shop like that will have access to AllData or a similar database that not only provides all the service manuals for most makes/models but tracks TSB's, recalls, etc on all the same. In fact, it's quite possible they just took it to the dealer, had the dealer install a free transmission, and delivered it to her and gave her the bill.
    About the only regret I have with my 4Runner is not getting the V8. The V6 is fine but I do notice it more sluggish at high altitudes. If my V6 ever blows its head gasket I will be tempted to do a swap if feasible.

User Tag List