Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    What is the chip issue? First I'm hearing of this
    the microchips that are basically built in one place in China that run everything from the windshield wipers to the nav systems to the touch screens.

Ford is going to start stacking f-150s so they're ready to go once they get the chips instead of waiting to build them.

Toyota stop making tundras for a while so they could make more tacomas as an example

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    What is the chip issue? First I'm hearing of this
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/11/how-...utomakers.html
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thread revival. I need a sanity check from the hive mind that is smarter than me.

I drive a 2018 4Runner Off-Road Premium. Red. Almost completely stock. 32k miles. I go into the dealer yesterday for a recall service on the fuel pump. When picking up the truck a few hours later I start discussing trade-in values with the sales manager. He evaluates my 4Runner, drives it, then offers me a trade-in value of $40k. That is slightly more than the sticker I negotiated 2.5 years ago. Out the door was around 43k after tax, tips and gratuities. I keep a poker face.

They have a brand-new white TRD Pro sitting on the lot for $52k. Mostly stock, has floor mats and the tube running boards. The 21 model now has bigger nav with apple car play and LED lights. BL, the payoff numbers look good, the monthly payment looks good (lower than what I have now) and I can get 1.9% financing.

Am I missing something? Too good to be true? Seems like a no-brainer to go back tomorrow and do the deal.

The only colors they mentioned are white, black, and lunar rock (sort of a gray with a green tinge). Not sure if I can get another color besides white.

Does the TRD Pro ride worse on pavement (looser, more body roll and pitch) because of the Fox shocks compared to the stock w/KDSS on my current Off-Road?

Any wisdom would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Trigger; 06-10-2021 at 10:06 PM.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Deleted.......
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I called my regular Toyota dealer, a few states away in Montana today, and asked what my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro with 14,000 miles was worth. He offered me 46,000 for it, which is more than I paid new.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Thread revival. I need a sanity check from the hive mind that is smarter than me.

I drive a 2018 4Runner Off-Road Premium. Red. Almost completely stock. 32k miles. I go into the dealer yesterday for a recall service on the fuel pump. When picking up the truck a few hours later I start discussing trade-in values with the sales manager. He evaluates my 4Runner, drives it, then offers me a trade-in value of $40k. That is slightly more than the sticker I negotiated 2.5 years ago. Out the door was around 43k after tax, tips and gratuities. I keep a poker face.

They have a brand-new white TRD Pro sitting on the lot for $52k. Mostly stock, has floor mats and the tube running boards. The 21 model now has bigger nav with apple car play and LED lights. BL, the payoff numbers look good, the monthly payment looks good (lower than what I have now) and I can get 1.9% financing.

Am I missing something? Too good to be true? Seems like a no-brainer to go back tomorrow and do the deal.

The only colors they mentioned are white, black, and lunar rock (sort of a gray with a green tinge). Not sure if I can get another color besides white.

Does the TRD Pro ride worse on pavement (looser, more body roll and pitch) because of the Fox shocks compared to the stock w/KDSS on my current Off-Road?

Dealer financing? Beware.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Dealer financing? Beware.
    No. Credit Union.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter

I don't have wisdom here. I'm a hopeless Toyota nerd and especially regarding 4runners.

I would jump on that deal. Like wake up sales person a 2 in the morning to sign papers kind of thing.

4runners are in very high demand. And if you found any TRD Pro in the wild you are lucky as there is white-hot demand for them.

I had a 2019 Pro and it felt a bit looser, but not enough to be a deal breaker.

Site Supporter
    Dayum.

I guess this means SWMBO and I won't be buying a 4Runner this year (we're considering replacing our 14yo Honda Minivan and we have had great service out of our 1997 4Runner).

I should take my old 4Runner in and see what I can get for trade in.

I'll take the winch off first.

Chris

Your 18 is closer to being paid off, you will take a step back if you trade. Your 18 with 32K miles is essentially still new. Your tabs, insurance will go up, plus taxes and whatever, it'll cost more than 12K. The 4Runner is due for update, probably all new model soon, the 21 isn't much different than your 18. You would get a new warranty, and some free services right?

To me:
    1. How much do you need the money? Any credit card debt? Anything else you are saving for?
    2. Are you happy with what you have? If you are on the verge of a little lift kit, rims and tires for your '18, maybe just do this instead, costs more but it's all factory. It is a fairly rare vehicle.
    3. Would you rather wait and maybe get the new model, or would you rather have one of the last of the old model?

Personally I don't think it's smart in a strict fiscal sense, but neither is going on vacation, or almost anything else enjoyable, and probably 15K isn't going to break you...

User Tag List