Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holsters: Heresy? Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I just can't reasonably see the DSG clip being the point of failure in the system in a tussle and attempted gun grab.

It won't be.

I have run mine hard for years. When Tom first sent me a holster with one on, I tortured it. Rolling against black belts who were specifically told that I was carrying the gun, and that if they had the chance they needed to snatch it off. I tore up some board shorts, but to this day have not had any holster with that clip ever come off, including on clothing without a belt.

At this point, I have 8 or 9 DGS holsters with the clip, and it is my go-to most of the time, even if I am wearing a belt.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    It won't be.

I have run mine hard for years. When Tom first sent me a holster with one on, I tortured it. Rolling against black belts who were specifically told that I was carrying the gun, and that if they had the chance they needed to snatch it off. I tore up some board shorts, but to this day have not had any holster with that clip ever come off, including on clothing without a belt.

At this point, I have 8 or 9 DGS holsters with the clip, and it is my go-to most of the time, even if I am wearing a belt.
    Vindicated, I rest my case.

(I've been in tussles, including ground fights, in years past on the job, (with much lesser holsters and attachments), where I had to be quite concerned about keeping my gun in the holster.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Jmck wide Ptd is my go to. Always come back to that.

Tried the dcc and other metal clips. But always found something I did not like or did not mesh with belt loops on a couple sets of jeans I own. The wide ptd option just does everything I need it to, and she ain’t going nowhere.

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    I accidentally found a case for the 1.75" clip on a 1.5" belt yesterday. I put on a new pair of 5.11s and the position of the top of the belt loop put the bottom of the belt just far enough down that I had to really work the JMCK IWB clip into place. And then it wasn't as good a bite as I would like.
    Which just goes to show how much any of the parts (pants, belt, holster, and attachment) can affect the whole setup. There are definitely pants in my closet that I like wearing with certain holsters because they belt loops don’t work well with other holsters.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Let me preface this by saying that I own, wear and enjoy holsters by DSG, JMCK, Mastermind, and previously, Tenicor.

That said...after daily usage over a period of several years, (decades, actually), I've come to the conclusion that for me personally, the best overall holster belt attachment for a combination of comfort, concealment, security and convenience...(after trying various metal and polymer clips, hooks, Pull-the-Dot, DCC, Monoblock et al)...the one that I grab 9 times out of 10 is the simple but effective clip as pictured on the DSG Orions below:

Attachment 68865

Is it perfect? No. Since it is a 1 3/4" clip and I wear a 1.5" belt it does allow for a small amount of movement on the belt...preferred by some, shunned by others.

However, I have come to the realization that while not the flavor of the week, or heralded far and wide online or in the print media, it just simply works.

It's easy to don and remove. It stays on the belt. It doesn't print like PTDs. It isn't finicky to install or remove or realign like some DCCs I have tried etc etc.

So, there it is. Sue me!

(I guess I am old school after all.)
    I agree completely. I have used those clips on a half dozen FIST holsters and 3 DSG holsters forever. All around best method.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I agree completely. I have used those clips on a half dozen FIST holsters and 3 DSG holsters forever. All around best method.
    It's good to hear from and see you, brother.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Every IWB holster I use has this clip style on it, and I'd never opt for anything else, given the choice.

User Tag List