Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Washing Machines??

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Interesting article.
    https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...-queen-review/

Appears that Speed Queen pre-2018 may not be the same as 2019 and beyond...
    Yep. Just make sure you get the TC5, it's the old design with the agitator that reverses direction and spins opposite the tub. The other, newer top loaders have the agitator and tub spin together. They don't clean nearly as well.

We had to have ours serviced three times, and after some back and forth with SpeedQueen, they replaced the unit. Since then, it's been going fine, about 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Maybe being forced into smaller loads wouldn't be a bad thing, but then I'm not sure what we're supposed to do with sheets, blankets, etc.
    Haven't had an issue but we did get the 7.4 CF dryer. Things a beast. Washer cleans whatever you can fit in there. I'm not sure if you could overload it without using some sort of press. So the capacity ends up fairly similar to a lot of higher capacity (CF-wise) washers. It's not helpful to have more capacity if it doesn't clean what can fit.

One thing that is either handy or annoying depending on your outlook is the loud buzzing noise when the cycle is done. Sounds for about 3 seconds, nice and loud, but continues to sound every few minutes until you open and shut the door. If you have dogs that like to bark at noises that can get tedious. I prefer it to electronic chimes or bells or whatever. It would probably be fairly easy to make it only sound once but I haven't bothered.

We got a matched set of LGs in Aug ‘21. They were at the time the top rated on consumer reports (I should have known better than to trust those lying, Suzuki Samurai killing bastards).

I fucking hate them, and so does my wife.
    The washing machine is slightly less effective than dunking clothes in a 5 gallon bucket. The dryer would work better if you just farted on the clothes in a mesh sack.

Made a stab at warranty work, thinking they must be bad, but techs* checked them out and said they were fine and disappointment was the name of the game with these.

*techs, plural, because LG dispatched two techs from two companies separately for the washer and dryer… and they both ended up here at the same time tripping over one another.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List