Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Production Disciple

Site Supporter
    I finally ordered a set of these.
    Was there a reason for the trainer handle color being blue instead or red on these? I noticed on the Shivworks site that the newer Clinch Pick trainers are also blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashpad View Post
    I finally ordered a set of these.
    Was there a reason for the trainer handle color being blue instead or red on these? I noticed on the Shivworks site that the newer Clinch Pick trainers are also blue.
    I believe the .mil standard for inert training weapons and munitions is blue. Plus a lot of men are red color blind.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I believe the .mil standard for inert training weapons and munitions is blue. Plus a lot of men are red color blind.
    Thank you, that explains some other knife maker's use of the color for their trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Help is on the way........

Just got a disciple for Christmas. Any update on an improved sheath option?

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    If I felt I needed anything other than the factory version, I would see if Dark Star would make me one of these for it:
    https://darkstargear.com/product/cp-clip/

I have one for my Spydie Reverse, and don't even know where the original sheath is at this point.

As it it, I stuck a DCC clip on the factory sheath of my production Disciple and called it a day, although I don't have a ton of time spent with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    We are on the second prototype. I screwed up the distance between the two loops on the first version. I left them at the same distance as for the Clinch Pick and that was a disaster. Not enough inward pull so the handle bowed outwards. I think I’ve figured the fix, and should have the test version soon. I’m pretty sure that will do what I want, so then production would not be too far behind.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Just ordered a Disciple this morning (That's what happens when you get on PF at 0300). I've had a CP for 4 years and like it except I always feel like I don't have enough grip. Looking forward to it arriving. Pretty sure my wife is going to get the CP rather than the folder she has now...
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Help is on the way........

Cecil, I may of missed it but does is your design carry like the clinch pick?

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Just ordered a Disciple this morning (That's what happens when you get on PF at 0300). I've had a CP for 4 years and like it except I always feel like I don't have enough grip. Looking forward to it arriving. Pretty sure my wife is going to get the CP rather than the folder she has now...

What position are you carrying it? I sold my Joe Watson pikal because the handle was just a little to big to carry and conceal compared to the clinch. I like the blade size of the disciple just don’t know if I will be able to conceal it with out it poking out.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=EVP;1454223]Cecil, I may of missed it but does is your design carry like the clinch pick?

What position are you carrying it? I sold my Joe Watson pikal because the handle was just a little to big to carry and conceal compared to the clinch. I like the blade size of the disciple just don’t know if I will be able to conceal it with out it poking out.[/QUOTE

Didn't receive it yet. My understanding is that it carries like the CP but it appears that there are various methods like with any other knife.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Cecil, I may of missed it but does is your design carry like the clinch pick?

That was the plan. It was supposed to match my CP sheath I also designed. Unfortunately, Tony and I put the project to bed. It’s not doable with the basic parameters of my sheath. It just could not be pulled in enough without making the sheath itself too big and defeating the whole point.

Maybe at some point I will get an idea on how to pull it it off and then we will revisit it. Until then, it’s in cryogenic sleep.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List