Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

If I understand correctly, in order to get an optics ready gun, you must get a 4” version?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    If I understand correctly, in order to get an optics ready gun, you must get a 4” version?
    Yes and with their optic — that is why I bought a four inch with sights and had it milled.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    This thing is listed on the S&W website in the section with the legacy Shields. Is this not a 2.0 gun? I also don't get the use case for this over a M&P Subcompact.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    This thing is listed on the S&W website in the section with the legacy Shields. Is this not a 2.0 gun? I also don't get the use case for this over a M&P Subcompact.
    Shield slide is much thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Shield slide is much thinner.
    Name:  B88036EA-5341-4C43-A55E-2F2FC1EFA74A.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  50.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes and with their optic — that is why I bought a four inch with sights and had it milled.
    Are the stock sights okay for co-witness with milling?

Are you keeping the stock dovetail? If not, what is your configuration?

Why am I torturing myself by even asking these questions when I've already vowed not to get a Shield Plus and to wait for a Walther PPS PLUS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post

Why am I torturing myself by even asking these questions when I've already vowed not to get a Shield Plus and to wait for a Walther PPS PLUS?
    I am having a RMSc direct milled and that works with stock height sights. 507K should be similar. RMRcc would require taller sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post

I hope Walther brings out a steel frame PDP full size as their next product — that would be an awesome Comp pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Brownell's now has them on pre order. The pricing though. Ouch!
    I remember when the original Shield first came out and they were getting $550+ for them. A couple years later and they were down to under $400.

I got burned on the APX and XD-S when they were both new models. I'm interested in this, but hoping I can abstain until they reach their normal price, whatever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I remember when the original Shield first came out and they were getting $550+ for them. A couple years later and they were down to under $400.

I got burned on the APX and XD-S when they were both new models. I'm interested in this, but hoping I can abstain until they reach their normal price, whatever that may be.
    I paid $300 for my two gen 1 Shields but I've seen them go as low as $250 new.

I would really like to get an optics ready 4" Shield Plus if the price ever comes down but I'm not really interested in the CT optic that comes on them.

I'm looking at a good deal on a NIB G48 with extras including some of the 15 round Shield Arms magazines right now though so I may end up going that direction for a while.

User Tag List