Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    What sucks about the APX safety is, it's only available for the full size. If it fit the Centurion I's have a Centurion Combat right now. My wife loves the APX and I do too. But a thumb safety/gadget/hammer has become a must for me too.

100% right. Have you tried a full size safety out?

Do you also get blank stares when you preach the importance and usefulness of those items? Maybe enough people don’t care because the wrong people , I.e. me, are the ones preaching it.

Anyway, I’ll stop thread drifting now.

The new Shield will likely be another good enough (don’t mean that in a bad way) option for many people.

James Reeves from TFBTV takes it for a test drive:

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

They are going to sell train loads of these things.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    They surely will, and for good reason if you go by this review and another I saw.

I've decided I'm holding out for the PPS Plus optics ready, or the PDP Minus optics ready.

Whenever I carry my Shield, I think I wish it held a few more rounds, which the grip wasn’t so skinny, and wish for slightly less abrasive texturing against my skin. This fixes all that.

I finally have a micro- wondernine I might trust.

Whenever I carry my Shield, I think I wish it held a few more rounds, which the grip wasn’t so skinny, and wish for slightly less abrasive texturing against my skin. This fixes all that.
    PS: MecGar makes the mags!

This might wind up being the small optics equipped plastic europellet popper I've been considering.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I think so. This fixes the only thing I personally did not like about the Shield....the capacity. I would actually consider owning one, now.

The mag release is also swappable unlike the previous version. I know I had issues being a lefty of bumping the mag release which made me sell my original one so this is a big deal.

User Tag List