Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

So glad to see they’re ditching the hinged trigger. Perhaps many don’t experience this, but if you engage that trigger just top of perfect center, it will lock up on you.

I really like my shield, but I use the G 43 more because it is noticeably smaller. Of course, Apex solve the trigger problem on the shield. Admittedly, they also fixed my trigger problem on a G 43 LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The M&P safety frustrates me more than any other. Not because it’s bad, but because it’s so close to being great but yet falls short of being well done. A little lower, maybe just a tad bigger, and it would be awesome.
    In my dream world, a shield sized safety tab as an option on the non strong side would be nice.
    Glad I am not the only dude thinking this. Pretty sure I have bought four of my various M&Ps with the safety, tried to like it, then pulled them out. A few years later I try again, rinse, repeat.

I started looking at the thing and IMO the off side could be cut off and flipped over, and glued/welded to the strong side, and sit just a little lower, and then put the frame plug in the off side. I even went so far as showing it to a local micro weld shop that does NFA engraving but he didn't want to screw with it. He probably saw $150 worth of screwing around and didn't figure I would jump in that deep, back then I probably wouldn't have. Maybe now, but now I have probably a dozen JMCK holsters that are not molded for it. I thought about doing it myself, maybe getting to the point I wanted and then taking it to him ready to weld. Or maybe doing it with JB Weld to test and make sure it falls under my thumb where I want it. Before any of this happened I got distracted by other shiny objects and continued to carry them without, just as I had been with Glock pistols.

In reality, as popular as they are and as good as they are, the aftermarket for M&P stuff is just a sliver of the pie compared to the Austrian brand, and stuff like this not making so much business sense is a consequence.

If anybody else wants to experiment with this I should still have the safety levers around from at least a couple, they will all be 1.0 parts.

I couldn't quite read, is the slide the same?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    So have they finally ditched the S&W hinged trigger? I still remember how much I disliked that on my M&P FS9.
    Funny... thats one thing I love about mine. To each their own, I guess.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Funny... thats one thing I love about mine. To each their own, I guess.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Funny... thats one thing I love about mine.
    I agree, I also like the pivot point being in front of where my finger contacts the trigger. My fingers are pretty short also, and I do not want anything that extends the reach.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Glad I am not the only dude thinking this. Pretty sure I have bought four of my various M&Ps with the safety, tried to like it, then pulled them out. A few years later I try again, rinse, repeat.

I started looking at the thing and IMO the off side could be cut off and flipped over, and glued/welded to the strong side, and sit just a little lower, and then put the frame plug in the off side. I even went so far as showing it to a local micro weld shop that does NFA engraving but he didn't want to screw with it. He probably saw $150 worth of screwing around and didn't figure I would jump in that deep, back then I probably wouldn't have. Maybe now, but now I have probably a dozen JMCK holsters that are not molded for it. I thought about doing it myself, maybe getting to the point I wanted and then taking it to him ready to weld. Or maybe doing it with JB Weld to test and make sure it falls under my thumb where I want it. Before any of this happened I got distracted by other shiny objects and continued to carry them without, just as I had been with Glock pistols.

In reality, as popular as they are and as good as they are, the aftermarket for M&P stuff is just a sliver of the pie compared to the Austrian brand, and stuff like this not making so much business sense is a consequence.

If anybody else wants to experiment with this I should still have the safety levers around from at least a couple, they will all be 1.0 parts.

Are all your M&Ps in 9? If a shop like Apex offered a lowered and improved safety for $150, I would seriously consider the M&P again.

I really like the M&P, but the safety is just “off” enough for me to avoid it. A hammer, an SCD or a manual safety are a must for me on a carry gun. Too bad only the 1911 seems to do the manual safety really well. Unless I’m forgetting a gun.

The Beretta APX safety looks good but I don’t know anyone who has tried it.

I wish Glock would have an awesome safety too.

Are all your M&Ps in 9?
    Now, mostly. I have a 45 and my 40 wears the 9mm 5" CORE top end. My Shield is 45.

If a shop like Apex offered a lowered and improved safety for $150...
    A hammer, an SCD or a manual safety are a must for me on a carry gun.
    The SCD sell well at $70, that is about the cost of a 1911 replacement safety, that would probably be a sweet sweet spot.

Too bad only the 1911 seems to do the manual safety really well.
    Plus I have been putting my thumb in that spot for 40+ years.

Unless I’m forgetting a gun.
    The High Power seems to be in the proper spot, maybe Browning himself had hands the same size as me and you!

The Beretta APX safety looks good but I don’t know anyone who has tried it.
    What sucks about the APX safety is, it's only available for the full size. If it fit the Centurion I's have a Centurion Combat right now. My wife loves the APX and I do too. But a thumb safety/gadget/hammer has become a must for me too.

Ruger

And another county heard from...
    https://www.ruger.com/products/max-9/models.html

10/12+1, Nice factory sights, with or without a safety, and the lever seems better, $499SRP means a pretty strong value.

User Tag List