Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Site Supporter
    I agree with the earlier post about the safety. If they are going to install one I hope they make it usable.

I would hope that the 10 round mag would make it just a little fatter. I love the shield I just found it hard to grip and found it twisting under recoil due to width

Site Supporter
    The safety from the EZ series would be awesome.
    Adam

Looks interesting. My original 9mm Shield has served me very well since I got it when they first came out. I also have an M2.0 9mm and it has been perfect as well. Hoping they just made the grip very slightly wider to accept the flush 10 round mag. If they made it much bigger, then you might as well get the M2.0 sub-compact.

if one ads a bit of epoxy to the safety works much better.

Would like the safety ambi.

The problem with the grip is it is very ROUNDED so no index and so palm stability.

The grip is MUCH more hidden under a shirt (think 43x) because is is very ROUNDED. (trade offs)

The hinged trigger is more comfortable (for me) than a dingus in the middle.....

Site Supporter
    Name:  96524943-BF85-4FF4-805F-60B1C0B0282E.jpg
Views: 1598
Size:  31.5 KB
    Name:  968D22AF-D468-4A20-97AE-4A20C4615817.jpg
Views: 1600
Size:  31.2 KB
    Name:  48B66209-596A-4925-8649-F46C0A9B3A97.jpg
Views: 1605
Size:  32.7 KB

Thanks for sharing the info. It looks good so far. It seems like S&W has pretty good measure on comparables like the 43X and 48 plus MOS versions as well as Sig 365/XL and X versions. I hope to see some size comparisons and measurements soon. I always liked the way S&W has the backstrap come down farther than the frontstrap and flush fitting mag baseplate. Their grip texture is spot on for my tastes too.

Site Supporter
    So same ol' crappy safety ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    So same ol' crappy safety ?
    One would think that Apex would have a decent aftermarket extended safety already.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    One would think that Apex would have a decent aftermarket extended safety already.
    I agree!

I also want a replacement M&P safety that is like .125" lower so it sits under my thumb like a 1911 safety.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I agree!

I also want a replacement M&P safety that is like .125" lower so it sits under my thumb like a 1911 safety.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

This.

The M&P safety frustrates me more than any other. Not because it’s bad, but because it’s so close to being great but yet falls short of being well done. A little lower, maybe just a tad bigger, and it would be awesome.

In my dream world, a shield sized safety tab as an option on the non strong side would be nice.

User Tag List